Chapter 23: Coffee

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

"Let's just go have coffee and then go home, I'm so tired!" Jihyo whined intertwining her hands with Wendy's, while walking beside me on the street.

Jihyo,Wendy, Mina and I had gone out shopping for the new house me and Wendy are moving into soon.

"Look! Isn't this coffee shop cute?" Mina chuckled, pointing over at a shop that had recently opened. The place looked small and cozy, the greatest combination for a freezing cold Monday morning.

We entered the coffee shop only to be met with the very familiar and intoxicating smell of freshly made coffee. The shop it self was cute. The patterns on the walls reminded me of my grandma's old house in Seongnam that was built around the 70's. There were small coffee tables placed inside the compact shop that had colorful, fluffy cushions on top of the chairs. Relaxing music was quietly playing from speakers that were placed in the corners of the room. The shop also offered books for the customers to read or exciting and very classic board games that everyone knew of.

The vibe of it seemed calm, something I appreciated it since it was already Monday and I super stressed.

We settled on a table in front of a huge window. I took a peek outside, it was starting to rain.

"Welcome to Mystique, what can I get you?" a waitress spoke, her voice booming inside the empty shop.

"Hello, Yeri!" Jihyo squinted her eyes trying to read the waitress' name tag and slowly pronounced the girls name. "I would like a black tie" Jihyo spoke to the friendly waitresses, flashing her a small smile.

"I'd like an Americano" Mina spoke and Wendy signaled she wanted the same.

"I'll just have an espresso" I shrugged and Yeri scribbled our orders down on her pocket notebook before she walked away.

"So, can I ask you guys something?" Mina hesitantly said eyeing all 3 of us. Jihyo hummed in response, holding Wendy's hand under the table.

"Is something wrong with Chaeyoung?" Mina asked.

"Why would there be something wrong with Chaeyoung?" I spoke and Wendy nodded, signaling Mina to continue talking.

"You know, she's been more distant and has been ignoring my calls and texts after the truth or dare game in Sana's house"

"I thought she was just busy?" Jihyo said, her calm and tired expression turning worried.

"Yeah I thought so too, but remember the time she was asked if she was hiding a huge secret?" Mina explained.

"She just said she was sick" I stated, shrugging.

"From alchohol.. right?" Wendy glanced at our concerned faces.

"Well I put two and two together and I don't think that's it. Otherwise, why would she say this and then just disappear?" Mina insisted, being sure something was wrong with the younger.

"Then let's talk to her" Jihyo suggested.

"I don't think she will talk to all of us" Mina said, her eyes drifting from my face to her hands. She was anxiously paying with the fabric of her jacket.

"You should do it Mina" I said and she looked up at me confused.

"But I thought she is your best friend?" the Japanese female asked and I hummed in response, shaking my head.

"Even though I'm her bestfriend we can all agree that the connection you two have is something different. We can clearly tell you make her happy Mina, you always did, to be quite honest" I sincerely said, moving my hand on top of hers to stop her from fidgeting. She calmed down after a while even though her face still held a concerned expression.

"I do?" she asked completely oblivious of the effect she had on the shortest.

"You totally do, Mina!" Wendy giggled "And I only saw you two hanging out once

"But what if she doesn't want to tell me? Won't she hate me for invading her privacy or something?"

"Mina there's no way she'll ever hate you. You might be the only person she will be able to open up to" I insisted while she nodded, smiling and promising to talk to her as soon as possible.

"Now that's out of the way" Jihyo started "Where the fuck is our coffee" the older groaned and I sat up from the table, saying I'll go check out what's happening and pay.

I started walking near the front desk while taking a better look at the place.

"Oh! I'm sorry" a girl said and apologetically bowed for bumping into me.

The girl examined me from head to toe, with those big brown eyes of hers. She flashed a small smile and took a step back, picking up the cup of coffee she had dropped.

"Look, I ruined your shirt" she whined and I looked down, bursting into laughter at the sight of my coffee stained t-shirt.

"It's okay! I didn't really like that shirt anyway" I said, smiling.

"My name's Park Sooyoung nice to meet you" she shyly said held her hand out for me to shake.

"Kim Dahyun, nice to meet you too" I spoke and she chuckled, hiding her blushed face.

"It's funny meeting a person way shyer than I am. And believe me ,I'm too shy" I spoke and we shared a laugh.

"I'm not usually THAT shy" she cutely whined, frowning slightly "I've just been following you from the moment you started your YouTube channel and I kind of fangirled" she stated scratching the back of her head.

"Oh really? That's so cute!"

"Heh, you even inspired me..with w-writing lyrics and singing" she stuttered, hiding her face behind her hands again.

My jaw dropped and the biggest smile made it's appearance on my face. The whole point of me wanting so badly to do music was that, inspiring people.

"Do you happen to post your music somewhere?" I asked, my eyes where shining.

"I post covers on I-Instagram"

"What's your username?"

"@prkxjoy" she chuckled as I pulled out my phone and followed her.

"I'll be checking your account later" I said and she squealed "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go clean this mess" I laughed pointing at my clothes and she mumbled 'sorry' once again before smiling at me and going away.

I couldn't help but to grin to myself, her smile was contagious.

I walked through the small halls trying to find the restroom. I turned on my right when I heard a voice of a girl behind a door that wrote with huge letters "WC" .

"How d-did you find m-my number?" the voice asked as I pushed open the door, revealing the girl behind it.

Her eyes widened and she dropped her phone to the floor.