Chapter 45: Surprise

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

hey momoring. happy anniversary,
i love you

please don't be late today i have a surprise for you

seen

New Messages

hi baby happy anniversary

im on my way home and ready for your surprise ;)

i also got food

i love you so soo much

seen

"Mommy is defenitely not ready" I spoke, my hand soflty stroking my stomach.

[Flashback]

"And now for the song of the year.." the MC spoke and my body shook. Even if it wasn't my first nomination for the song of the year, I was still very anxious.

"Yah you're gonna kick ass" Jihyo whispered from beside me and held my hand.

"All artists have worked hard this year but only one can be chosen"the MC said after the video with the nominations was over. "The winner of this award has taken the whole world by storm and is loved by many not only in Korea. Their self composed song was at the top of the charts for 3 months straight" the MC continued and flashed a huge smile "So lets hear some applause for Kim Dahyun and her addictive single Missing U. Congratulations!"

The crowd went wild, everyone clapped their hands loudly as I made my way to the stage and accepted my award.

"Wow..I never thought I would be standing here again" I started "It's an honor to be receiving this award and all the love by you"my vision got a little blurry, an intense wave of pain pierced through my skull.
"I would like to thank everyone, you guys, my friends, PD-nim and everyone who works and helps me behind the scenes" I felt a sudden urge to throw up and slightly furrowed my eyebrows, I've been feeling like this for a while. "This is for you all. Thank you!" I added and bowed, quickly getting off the stage and hurrying to the closet restroom.

[...]

"Dahyun-ya are you alright?" Jihyo asked from behind the door "Did you eat anything bad?"

"N-no" I replied, trying to collect myself.

"Then why are you throwing up so much?" the older asked helped me out of the stall and near the sink to clean up.

"Uh it's nothing" I shrugged and washed my hands "Maybe a virus..or something"

"Are you sure?" Jihyo raised a brow.

"Ugh" I groaned "Only one thing could be happening unnie" Jihyo smiled. "You know it can't be food poisoning, JYP-nim always provides us top quality food"

Of course I knew what was wrong with me. I was just not ready to accept it yet.

"Wait" Jihyo giggled "You're.."

"Say it. Pregnant" I sighed "I'm pregnant"

"But how? I thought you guys had some problems with the sperm donors" Jihyo shook her head and smiled.

We had promblem indeed. After many failed IVFs and countless meetings with donors and doctors we were advised to stop trying, because I only had 20% chances of successfully carrying a baby. So we tried one last time and stopped looking for donors. Our alternative was to adopt.

"I guess the doctors were wrong" I shrugged "But please don't tell anyone until I confirm it"

"Take your time" she laughed and hugged me "Congratulations!"

"Thank you, unnie"

[End of flashback]

The bell ringing broke me out off my thoughts and it's intensity made me quickly move from the kitchen to near the door, opening it.

"Hey Momo, don't you have keys--"

I stopped talking, my eyes almost popping out of my skull when spotting a very familiar figure standing out the door.

The elegant and stylish clothes he was once wore, were replaced with gray sweatpants and a black t-shirt, sport shoes and specs. He was unshaved and was holding his suitcases in both hands along with a passport.

"Hey Dahyunie" his voice sounded raspy "I missed you" he smelled alcohol.