Chapter 22: You just know

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

I knocked on Sana's apartment door with my backpack and phone in hand.

"Heyyy baby!" Sana chimed, waving her hands in front of my face.

It's already been 3 weeks since the legendary meeting in Sana's house and everyone has been very busy, we barely talked anymore.

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were in the middle of exam season in uni, while Mina was working from day to night in her new job as a dance instructor in the best dance academy in Seoul. Jihyo was spending most of her time in the studio and the little amount of free time she had to hang out with Wendy, who has been living with her since she got out of hospital. Jeongyeon had gone to visit her parents in Suwon and Nayeon was in bed sick.

Momo was another story.

Momo after the night in Sana's house disappeared and never contacted us again. I could barely see her dropping at Seokjin's apartment to visit him when they both had time, but we never talked, just exchanged glances.

As for me. I signed a contract with JYPE and went straight into the studio, practicing hard. I even looked around for apartments to stay with Wendy and decided to buy the one Momo had suggested.

Since Seokjin wasn't home most of the time and I was bored on my own, I found myself hanging out with Sana a lot more. We would stay up and talk until 5 AM, catching up on every little detail about our lives after I left. It reminded me of high school when we were inseparable, when we first developed feelings for each other.

"Why are you looking all sad Dubs? I thought practice was going great and that you were close on actually buying that house Momo suggested?" Sana asked as she eyed me lay on the floor of her small living room, a habit I adopted while spending most of my time in the older's house.

"Everything is going great but I'm not feeling it" I spoke. I was comfortable with Sana and always opened up to her about my problems and worries. She chuckled moving to lay beside me on the floor.

"Unnie can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead Dahyun!"

"Have you ever been in love?"

The question took Sana by surprise, a gasp escaping her lips. She looked at me and smiled widely.

"I have, yes"

"And how do you know you're.. you know...in love?"

Sana inhaled sharply.

"You just know Dubu. You know you're in love when you can't keep that person out of your mind. You know you're in love when everything involves the one you've fallen for. You know you're in love when the butterflies in your stomach never die down and your heart does cartwheels when thinking of or being around them. You know you're in love when you see no imperfection in them. You know you're in love when you can't take your eyes off of them, when you appreciate every bit of their existence. You just know.." Sana's voice trailed off. It was clear that she wanted to cry, that all the overwhelming emotions she felt for the one she loved were slowly taking a toll on her.

"And what if loving that person is wrong? What if my decision on loving them turns out hurting both of us?"

"Love is not a decision, it's a feeling. You can't control it and certainly, go wrong with it" Sana said back hugging me on the floor.

"Then why don't go claim what's yours?" I asked and the older mumbled in confusion.

"Why don't you go get the one you love, unnie. Why don't go get Tzuyu?" I asked and she gasped, her hot breath hitting the back of my neck.

"Wha--What?" she chocked on nothing.  I could feel her blushing and smiling just by hearing her voice, there was no need to even turn my head to see her expression.

"You love her unnie, that's why you've been desperately trying to get her attention lately. That's why whenever we go out you always point out things that would fit Tzuyu or that she would like to buy. Stuff that would make her look more beautiful or things that would make her smile"

"I-I don't--"

"Once you realize your true feeling go ahead and tell her. I'm sure she feels the same way, unnie. Otherwise, why was she the only one who stayed when you got sick? Why was she the only one who visited you everyday and made sure you had everything you needed and desired? Why was she the only one who celebrated your last chemotherapy with a small party IN the hospital?" I spoke and Sana sniffled burying her head in shoulder.

"But I feel like she hates me and did all of this because she just.. had to" she whispered

"I think you know her better than all of us, it's just her personality that's like that. Stop lying to yourself, unnie"  I turned to face her wiping her tear-stained checks. She smiled, mumbling 'thank you' over and over again.