Chapter 35: Velvet

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

"Wait Juhyun as in Baechu? Your stepsister?" Sooyoung asked Yeri who had a disappointed look on a her face.

"Is Irene your sister?" Wendy too asked, leaving Jihyo's side and rushing to Yeri's.

The waitress exhaled sharply and rubbed her forehead "How do you even know her?"

"We were..a couple"

"Oh so you're Whan-ah!" Yeri laughed "She would always talk about you before she got involved in the whole leading Velvet situation"

"There is so much unknown information, I'm really lost" Mina groaned kissing Chaeyoung's head, the younger slowly drifting to sleep.

"Your fucking sister thought it was okay to beat the shit out of Wendy when they were together" Jihyo suddenly snapped "She even sent her to the hospital and then had the audacity to come back and blame her for cheating" the girl continued raising her voice.

"Sadly, I know about it. Juhyun proceeded to tell me but I got really mad and we fought" Yeri admitted "I never thought the whole 'leader' role she had would affect her so much. She wasn't like this" the younger sighed.

"I agree. What happened?" Wendy asked and Jihyo sarcastically laughed. She couldn't believe Seungwan still cared about her after everything she had done.

"Juhyun didn't have a pleasant childhood" Yeri started and Tzuyu unintentionally hummed, relating to the waitress' words. "Her father was a gang leader himself and got busted for drug trafficking and ended up in jail" Yeri spoke "When people found out, at around middle school I think, they started picking on Juhyun. They would call her names and even beat  and steal from her" the girl sighed "After her father's release from jail she moved to my house with her mother. The bullying didn't stop until high school where Wendy and Juhyun met, I believe , and when she created Velvet"

Velvet was Seoul's biggest and strongest gang. It consisted of only females while most of the members were already widely known in 'underground' Seoul. The group had connections everywhere and with a pull of a string could destroy half of the country.

"Yeah I was transferred from my old school to Irene's and we met because she was assigned to guide me through school" Seungwan confirmed.

"After the first year of high school she became distant and would sneak out at night" Yeri continued "I caught her organizing an attack one day so she had to admit her involvement in Velvet"

"B-But Velvet is the biggest gang in Seoul" Sana said "If your sister is keeping Momo away from us how are we even going to get her back?"

Yeri fell silent and scratched the back of her head.

"You could talk to her" Sooyoung suggested "You guys fought a long time ago, so call her and tell her to meet up. Not only you're going to be able to confirm if she's behind this or not but you can also make up with her. She's your sister after all"

"But she's a fucking psyc--" Jihyo stated but stopped mid-sentence as Wendy softly kissed her cheek to calm her down.

"And we can hide and spy behind bushes or some shit, then follow her and get Momo out" Nayeon laughed "Okay, I'm sorry" she let out when eveyone glared at her once again.

"Let's assume that Irene is indeed behind all of this" Tzuyu started "What's the reason?" the tallest asked.

"Punishment" Yeri said "I thought Wendy-ssi said you almost killed each other because you tried to protect her"

"Yeah but that doesn't make sense" I spoke for the first time in awhile.

"It does. Juhyun wanted to get Wendy-ssi back and got furious when she saw how protective you guys were over her and how you went out of your way to fight for her well-being" Yeri explained

"She called Wendy a cheater, what did you guys expect?" Jihyo growled

"Maybe she wanted to find the best way possible to hurt Wendy unnie, without actually hurting her.." Mina said "And that's through the people that are the closest to her" she added

"But why didn't she mess with Jihyo then? I thought Wendy's and Hyo's friendship was what made Irene think she was being cheated on" Jeongyeon pointed out

"Jihyo-ssi is an idol, though" Yeri argued "She couldn't possibly mess with one of the biggest upcoming artists in the market, even if she has the power" the younger was right.

"Well the next person has to be Dahyun, right?" Sana asked and Wendy nodded "I had even talked to Irene about Dahyun a lot" Seungwan added.

"But she's here?" Sooyoung said "She's has not been kidnapped or whatever"

"And why choose Momo out of all people to 'punish' Dahyun or Wendy or whoever she wanted to" Nayeon rolled her eyes, urging Jeongyeon to hold her.

"Because she thinks Dahyun likes Momo" Jeongeyon blurted out making me flinch and quickly pull away from Sooyoung. "Wait WHAT?" I half shouted "You guys think I like MOMO?" I panicked

"Juhyun apparently does" Yeri chuckled

"The night after you guys came to the restuarant I work at.." Wendy started looking sweetly over at Jihyo "She saw you and Momo heading out and laughing at each other" Wendy continued "And thought you guys were a thing"

I choked on my saliva and the rest laughed

"Irene was curious because she thought you were straight and when we got back home she started BOMBING me with questions" Seungwan spoke and laughed along with the rest.

"Ohh does Dahyunie like Momo-chan?" Sana teased wiggling her eyebrows and I glared at her, clearing my throat.

'I'm telling Tzuyu' I mouthed and she immediately shut up.

"No I don't like her--" I spoke "--romantically Jeongyeon laughed finally letting Nayeon rest her head on her shoulder. The older was completely wasted and was on the verge of passing out.

"Yah! Don't tease her, you guys" Sooyoung scolded as I pouted moving in her embrace again "Just contact Irene and let's get this over with. Momo needs our help wherever she is"