Prologue

Third Person POV

Four years ago

Positive.

The pregnancy test stated positive. Not once, not twice but thrice it stated positive.

"What's the result dear?", the anxious old woman standing outside the bathroom door asked.

Rain was too shocked to listen to her nana's words. She was pregnant. At the age of eighteen she was pregnant. Not with her boyfriend only if she had one but because of a foolish nightstand.

"Rain! For God sake open the door.", her best friend Sam shouted from outside.

Rain took a deep breath and turned around to twist the silver color nob. But her hands were shaking, how will she face her grandparents and her best friend.

"Rain, dear."

This time it was her nanu who held the shoulder of his worried wife.

"You can do it Rain.", Rain urged to herself in the broken voice.

She twisted the knob and came out of the bathroom. Seeing her tearful eyes, the whole room went silent. The only noises which could be heard was that of the ticking of the cloak and Rain's soft sobs.

"I am pregnant.", Rain cried out.

"Oh dear.", the old woman held the shaking girl in her frail arms.

"Its okay dear.", the old man with white moustache said in a comforting way.

Rain slowly shook her head. She knew it was not right. She knew it was not a part of her perfect plan.

"It's not.", she yelled at the top of her lungs.

She fell on the ground with a thud and soon she cradled her face in her tiny hands. She didn't know what to do now. Yes that night was full of raw yet gentle passion but both the persons were drunk and complete strangers.

"Doll look at me.", her best friend, Sam gently removed her hand from her face as he took a closer look at her.

Her hair were entangled at strange angles. Her cheeks and nose were red from crying. Her blue eyes were red from crying and held guilt decorated with thick beads of transparent pearl like tears.

"I am eighteen, Sam. I have disappointed you all. What if I don't get a job? What if my body can't handle the baby? Would anyone want me? What will mom and dad think of me? They must be disappointed with me. I should be ashamed. How could I have been so foolish. Really a night stand. Why did I get drunk? Why did I .......

"Rain, sshh. Just calm down. Take a deep breath.", Sam said looking in her watery eyes.

"Its alright."

He hugged her tightly as she sobbed in his chest. Slowly and slowly it felt too much for her to keep her eyes open as the dark sang a lullaby to her making her go in a deep slumber.

Sam held the girl in a bridal style and laid her in her bed.

"Let's all go down.", the old man said softly to make sure he didn't wake the sleeping girl.

The other members of the trio nodded their head as they made their way down to the drawing room. Everyone had millions of thoughts in their minds. After all they all were selflessly worried about Rain.

"I shouldn't have left her alone in the club."

It was the first thing to be heard in the drawing room. Sam was mentally cursing himself for leaving his doll all alone in the club.