If Only

I am not attracted to the beauty on your face but that in your eyes.

- Damien

DAMIEN POV

I quietly walked out of the room. She had nothing to say. I don't know why but my heart burned seeing those tears in her eyes.

I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair. I quickly made my way to get ready. But before I could reach my room, Marie stopped me half way.

"Sir, when do you want the food to be served?", Marie asked.

It must have came to a surprise to her that I didn't wake up at my usual time. It was even surprising to me and more over refreshing.

"We will have the meal outside. Also don't cook any other meal. We will be outside throughout the day.", I stated. Marie just bow her head and left.

I quickly entered the room and directly went to take a shower. Though the weather was a bit crisp today but it did not bother me. I still took a cold shower. The cold water was numbing my body but my mind was racing.

Love

It is such a foreign word to me. But today looking at Rain crying at the memories of her lost dad, I didn't know what to say. Is this how love works? I know what I feel for Amber is love but with Rain, it is complicated.

I never rejoiced love. My parents never loved me. I was just an asset, an object to carry on there family legacy that is written with blood. Well in short my parents were never parents. They were ruthless demons. But not like I am less then that.

Still there are differences between us, sir wanted to be a part of this whole mafia thing and I was forced to be in it. Because if I should not have been the way I am today then I should have been killed long ago.

I shook my head as I left the bathroom. I wrapped the towel around my hips. I quickly changed into an all black look. How much I hate that girl, Lilly or whatever is her name is I don't want to hurt Rain's sentiments so black it is. Also I put my gun on my waist band .

My hair were still wet as I left my room. As I closed the door of my room, I saw Rain and Amber leaving Amber's room. Amber was wearing a black jumpsuit with a black shrug. Rain was in a knee length black dress.

I frowned. She will feel cold but I kept my mouth shut. I looked down at Amber to see she was having a broad smile on her face which completely contrasted with Rain's sad smile.

Amber was holding Rain's finger but as soon she saw me she left Rain's hand and rushed in my directing. She stood directly in front of me as she opened her arms wide. Maybe indicating for me to pick her up. I swiftly picked her as she knotted her hand around my neck.

My heart soared at it. She wanted to be with me on her own. I looked at Rain to see her giving me a thumbs up with a small smile playing on her lips and the cherry to the cake was that Amber planted a kiss on my left cheek.

"You ready princess?", I asked her softly and she nodded her head.

"Damien, we are already late. So let me first feed Amber", Rain suggested.

"We are going to have breakfast outside.", I stated but inside of responding Rain sighed dramatically. I raised my eyebrow at her.