Beautiful

Doubts darling can ruin a relationship.
- Rain

RAIN POV

The light seeped from the curtains or what I thought because it was falling on my eyes. I tried to move but something was holding me back.

Frustrated, I opened my eyes. My eyes leisurely travelled down to my waist where I could see a tattooed mascular arm. I looked up to see the owner of the hand was non other than Damien.

I got to know one thing and that is his arm is very heavy. What does he eats bricks and cement? I tried moving my left arm so that I could remove Damien's arm but I couldn't move it. Wait am I paralyzed?

I turned my head slightly to see Amber was clinging on my arm like a koala. I sighed. There is nothing much I can do. I am literally tied.

So I took this time of mine to leisurely look at Damien. His face was peaceful. His eyes closed. No storm brewing in them. No trave of stress and at that moment I thought how can someone look so good. He looked like Adonis but with dark wings. He was more of a fallen angel whose light has been taken away.

Wait what did I just say?

I was taken aback by my own thought. I don't even know him so why I said something like that? I don't know why but I have this feeling we both have something in common and that common this is maybe our past.

I looked at Damien to see his head was just next to chest. It must have been a very uncomfortable position.

"Damien."

I said softly but I know he heard it. In the hospital I learnt he is a very light sleeper. Waking up at the slightest noise.

I could feel him moving. A groan left his mouth but eventually he opened his eyes. His grey orbs looked in my blue ones.

His face was stoic not portraying any emotion. He looked around as he got up. I removed my left arm from Amber's grip as I sat on the bed. He ran a hand through his hair. His tight shirt showing of his muscles and how they flex.

He can crush me so easily. Will he ever do it like him? God Rain you think so much.

"How do you feel?", he asked me. His voice deep and rough due to just waking up.

I made a confused face. What happened to me? I looked up at him as he sighed. He gently placed his hand on my forehead. I didn't know he could be this gentle but since I have been here he has been nothing but benevolent.

"You fainted and had a high fever last night. But you have no fever right now.", he stated.

Then I remembered everything. Rebecca, Lila and that dreadful meet.

"I am sorry I caused you trouble.", I stated. As it is without my job I am a burden on him.

"You have no reason to be sorry for. Also you are no burden Rain.", Damien stated. Wait did I say it loudly?

Damien bent down to my level as he softly touched my right cheek with his rough and calloused fingers.

"You took care of our daughter without me for three years. You were there with her through her highs and lows. If anything then I am grateful to you. What you have given me, I can never pay back for it. I may not be good with feeling but think of it as a token of thanks from my side. Remember rain I can never repay you.", he stated and my breath got stuck in my throat.

He softly caressed my cheek which was slowly and slowly burning red. Never a man has made me feel like it. I couldn't describe it. The sparks, the butterflies and this, this connection.