Eternity

I don't love you for what you are. I love you for how you are because what you are can change tomorrow but how you are cannot change in a day.

-Rain

Rain POV

Marcus fell on the floor with a thud. I shot him.

Not once, not twice but thrice.

I looked at the gun in my hand as I threw it away. I went to Marcus as I turned his body over to see blood oozing out from his body from three places.

"Marcus!"

I called but to no avail. He was indeed dead and I did it.

I looked at my hand to see it was coated with blood. I am a murderer. Tears fell down from eyes at that thought. Mom and dad should have been so disappointed.

I heard banging from the other side. I knew it was Amber but I didn't have the courage to open the door.

You need to stay there for a while.

"Rain!"

I heard Damien's voice. He stood in front of me covered in blood. His eyes glistening with tears.

He thought that I was shot.

He made his way forward to me till the time he wasn't standing in front of me.

"You okay?", he asked and I shook my head.

"You are hurt?", he asked me but I again shook my head.

"I am a murderer.", I sobbed.

I fell on the ground. I didn't dare to bring my hand near my face. They were covered in blood.

"Where is Amy?", he asked as I pointed in the direction of the bathroom.

I sobbed on the floor. Damien didn't come to me even once.

"Boss everyone is down.", I heard a man's voice. It was gruff.

"Get everything cleared up starting from the basement.", Damien stated.

I felt someone's breath hitting the back of neck. I turned around to see it was Damien.

"We can't keep Amy there for long.", Damien stated and I nodded my head. The banging on the door had stopped. Maybe she got tired.

"Come. We don't need to look all bloodied in front of her.", Damien said as he helped me get up. His body was covered in blood but I didn't care. Somehow it didn't disgust me today.

Maybe because I was in the same boat as him.

We left the basement as we made our way to my room. The house was calm. It looked like a haunted house with bodies lying here and there.

I shuddered as I unknowingly moved closer to Damien.

Damien didn't say a single word the whole way up.

It is as only when we reached my room that he opened his mouth.

"Just remember Rain that you are no murderer. What you did was to protect your child. Any mother should have done it. I didn't stop you from crying because I wanted you to take it all out. Now go and take a bath.", Damien stated.

I nodded my head.

I went inside my room. As I directly went inside the bathroom, stripped and jumped in the shower.

I scrubbed my hand to get rid of the blood.

The events of today playing back and forth.

I looked at Amber who was oblivious of everything around her. The basement was sound proof but it doesn't meant that sounds from outside won't come in.