Waking With You

All that you are is all I ever needed.
- Damien

RAIN POV

I felt my heart skipped a beat at his words. How can such a sweet man be called a Beast? Or is it only my thinking.

I felt my cheek redden up and I shyly looked down. I didn't know what to say. His words had a power that captivated me. I have been with men before but no one has this effect on me nor Amber has let anyone of them this close to her. Amber acceptance towards him has also started melting my heart. How couldn't it?

I didn't know what was going through his mind and a small part of heart was warning me that this might be his game. Like an alluring predator he was trying to bond me in his spell and then pounce and devour me.

I mentally shook my head. This is no time to think about something like that. In the meanwhile a yawn escape my mouth. I looked at the clock on the wall which read four o'clock.

"You must be sleepy.", Damien muttered but I heard him clearly. I didn't have the energy to reply so I simply nodded my head. I got of the super comfy bed as I decided to pick Amber and take her back to my room.

I made my way to her. My already clumsy steps becoming more clumsy due to the dire need of sleep.

"Wait.", I heard Damien's voice. My actions stopped as I turned around to see Damien looking at me.

"What's wrong? ", I softly asked as another yawn left my mouth.

"Can't princess sleep her... umm with me.", Damien asked as a slight tint of red appeared on his cheeks. If I shouldn't have looked carefully I should have missed it. But when it come to this predator, my senses are heightened. I may be his prey but I won't be caught without a good chase.

"Alright. I will leave. Good night.", I muttered softly as I neared the door but before I could open it. Damien cought my arm and spun me around. The whole world spun around me as I gripped Damien's shirt for support.

Once I was able stable myself, I gave Damien my infamous glare and in return Damien passed me a sheepish smile as he mouthed sorry.

"What if Amber needs you in night?", he asked.

"Call me then.", I stated. But I don't think this was the answer he was looking for.

"You know that on this bed five people can sleep and as it is Amber will be sleeping in the middle so you also sleep here. Will you?", he asked. He is request looked to innocent and sincere for me to refuse so I simply nodded my head and made my way to the bed.

It was then I remembered something I needed to tell him.

"Tomorrow I need to go for Lila's funeral. Will you come?", I asked.

"Why do want to go to her funeral after what she has done to you?", Damien asked. His eyes accusing.

"She is my sister, Damien. I have to go.", I stated with a sigh.

Damien just gave me a curt nod but didn't utter a single word. He motioned me to go to the bed and sleep. I simply nodded not having any energy to fight.