Roses Everywhere

I am no rose as for a long period of time I was not protected by thorns
-Rain

Rain POV

I couldn't sleep.

How much I tried I just couldn't. I look at the clock on the nightstand to see it was 12:30 a.m.

I got up from the bed and made my way out of the room. I didn't turn on the lights, not wanting to wake anyone of them. Thus I stumbled inside a bookshelf.

"Ouch!"

I looked down at my poor toe. It hurt so much. What a great way to start your birthday with.

"Are you okay?", I heard Damien's worried voice from behind me. I turned around only for our heads to bump.

"Ahh!"

I rubbed my poor forehead. First my toe and now my forehead. Definitely a great day it is going to be.

"Sorry.", Damien said softly.

"Are you even human? How can you walk without making any noise?", I asked seriously.

"Jesus! You found out my biggest secret.", Damien stated teasingly and I just glared at him which he could obviously not see as the room was dark.

"Damien I am really in no mood to joke.", I stated. I decided to leave him and make my way out of the room.

But Damien followed me all the way to the balcony which was at the end of the corridor. He didn't utter a word all the way there.

I stood beside the railings holding on to them as I let go of a deep breath.

"Is something bothering you?", Damien asked me as he stood next to me.

I shook my head. He doesn't know today is my birthday and there is no need to talk about it.

"Just needed some fresh air. That's all.", I said but never turned around to look at him as he was good at finding out when I was lying.

I looked up at the sky to see that the moon was shining beautifully and the stars looked beautiful too. I started searching for mom-dad among them. I could see the Orion constellation as I always believed that my dad was the arrowhead of the Orion constellation. For my mom she was just behind him making the important part of the arrow.

I smiled to myself just thinking about it. I really missed them dearly.

"Missing your parents?", Damien asked softly. I simply nodded my head.

"In which star do you see them?", Damien asked.

"In the Orion constellation. My papa is the arrowhead and mama is just behind him. As said behind every successful man there is a woman.", I said. My voice cracking a bit.

"Your dad must have been very strong for you to make him the arrowhead of Hunter Orion.", Damien stated. His tone was curious. He was genuinely interested in knowing more about my parents.

"He was my superhero. The strongest man I had known. Maybe not physically but mentally. He didn't have biceps like you but was strong. Even when I turned eleven he used to carry me in his arms. He loved me the most and bought me lots and lots of sweet without telling mom. I still don't believe neither of us had diabetes.", I stated.