Pain

All I need is you. Nothing more and nothing less.
-Damien

Damien POV

I got up from the bed untangling myself from Rain. She was sleeping peacefully.

"Amber?"

I heard her voice as her hands started searching for someone on the now vacant side of the bed.

I placed a pillow there as she cuddled with it. I picked up my boxers and wore it.

I looked at the clock. It read 9:30 a.m. I sighed as I made my way to the bathroom to take do my business and take a bath.

I turned the tap of the shower on as cold water droplets made contact with my skin. The water was freezing cold but I didn't feel like changing the temperature.

The events of last night played in my mind. It was a beautiful night. Just like the first one.

But there was a difference. That night was filled with passion while yesterday night was filled with pain and sorrow.

It was our way of running away from the reality. A way that wasn't fine. But an escape is an escape.

A sob left my mouth as my tears got mixed with that of the water falling from the shower.

Why you left Amber? Why Amy?

Ones nothing remained inside of me. I turned of the shower as I wrapped a towel around my hip as I exited the bathroom.

I looked around the bed to see Rain was still sleeping. I quickly got dressed as I rang Dominic's number.

I don't know when we grew this close but it was like right now he was the only one who can understand me.

"Morning brother.", Dominic said.

I muttered a morning as he asked me why I called him?

"Rain has started to hallucinate. She is saying she can see Amy. I don't know what to do. I tried telling her that she was hallucinating but she refused to believe.", I said.

"Jesus! We need to do something before the matter gets out of our hands. I will book the appointment of the best therapist. You can take her to him. I will book your appointment with him for tommorow.", Dominic stated.

"Alright. Message me the details.", I stated.

I could hear cries from the back.

"Do you have a child in your house?", I asked.

"No I am standing outside. Must be one of the neighbor's kid. I am sorry I couldn't make it for Amber's funeral. Something really important came up.", he said.

"I don't think you wanted to be here. Rain was literally ready to shoot anyone who came near Amber.", I stated in a monotone. A shudder ran down my spine as I recalled those happenings.

"Rain is in a very poor state right now.", Dominic made a statement.

"She even said she ate her ashes when we didn't even burn her.", I stated.

"She really said that?", Dominic asked.

"Yeah.", I stated.

"Umm, brother I will come tomorrow with Reece and Ray. Rain will feel much better with a child and a woman to support her.", Dominic stated.

I furrowed my brow.

"Who are they?", I asked.

"My wife and daughter.", he stated.