Burnt With Cigarettes

Scars have better stories than tattoos because you can choose how your tattoo look but not your scars.
-Damien

DAMIEN POV

I turned around as the ringer of Dante's phone rang. He picked up the call and talked in hushed voice.

"Boss do you want Piper to be brought here?", Dante asked me.

"No. Tie him in our base. Let the security be tight. He should be watched twenty-four seven.", I stated and Dante nodded his while repeating the same thing on the phone.

"Boss, why can't he be tied here?", Pear asked me once Dante has ended the call.

"Piper is dangerous and the thought of him being in the same house as Rain and Amber won't bring any peace to me.", I explained as Pear nodded his head.

"Boss will you go to the warehouse right now?", Antony asked.

I shook my head. Murdering two people in a day is enough and I am really exhausted.

"I will examine him tommorow and if he is able to run away this time then I will have all of yours head.", I stated coldly as they all nodded their head.

"Get rid of this body and then you all can leave.", I stated before leaving the basement.

I made my way upstairs but before going to my room I made my way to Rain's room. The door was open and I quietly went inside. Both mother and daughter were sleeping peacefully. But then I noticed that somehow Amber was now lying at the edge of the bed.

She can fall. I thought to myself. I quickly made my way to her. I picked her sleeping form in my arms and placed her in the middle of the bed. As soon as I did it Rain sleepily wrapped her arms around her waist pulling her to her chest while muttering something incoherent.

Next I secured the edge by placing some pillows there so that she won't fall. Once I was sure she will be fine, I exited the room.

I made my way to my room. After entering I directly went to my bathroom and took a warm shower relaxing all my muscles. I wrapped a towel around my hips and made my way into my walk in closet. I put on a sweatpant leaving my chest bare. I laid in my bed and succumbed to dark.

My ten year old self was sitting in the parlor of our house with my father or with Sir as he liked me to call him. He had a cigarette between his lips as he puffed out smoke.

I hated this idea of smoking. It never sat well with me. I looked at him to find him looking at me. I lowered my glaze immediately as he hated someone looking in his eyes. I know if I do that I would be punished.

"Here, smoke.", Sir stated handing me a burning cigarette. I didn't want to take it but I couldn't disrespect him. I took the cigarette with shaky hands.

I placed the cigarette in between my lips and inhaled that addicting smoke. But as soon as it went down my throat I started coughing.

"I can't do it.", I stated while taking out that cigarette from my mouth. I looked at my father to see a displeased expression on his face.

"How dare you disobey me!", Sir shouted while getting up from his seat. I started shaking like a leaf. God I will be punished now. I didn't look up, just quietly got up from my seat.

"Roll up your sleeves.", he ordered and I did as told.

He pressed the burning mouth of the cigarette in my bicep. I shouted in pain. It hurt like a b*tch.