Cousin Smells Like Trouble

Honesty isn't always the best policy.
- Rain

RAIN POV

"Good to see you gold digging slut.", Lila hissed.

Her eyes were oozing hatred but why. I know she never liked me but she never went this far by calling me with names.

The reason for her hatred towards me is still unknown to me and thank god my Amber is sleeping right now. I looked around to see all the maids were witnessing it. My face flushed and I felt embarrassed but I am no one to ask them to leave.

"Please calm down Lila.", I stated softly as I went near her. I was confused at her behaviour.

Before I could reach her. She signalled me to stop with her palm. Her eyes leisurely looked at my body with her brown eyes and her face was filled with disgust. As if I was the dirtiest thing in her world.

Okay now it has started to hurt. I just hate this look. Come on Rain you need to stand for yourself. I took a deep breath and kept my face emotionless.

"What is your problem Lila?", I asked her directly but instead of replying to me she started to laugh. A dry and humorless laugh filled with bitterness.

"Now you want to know what's my problem?", Lila snapped at me. I looked around to see everyone was watching us. This is way to embarrassing.

"Lila let's talk in my room.", I pleaded her.

It was then only she realised that others were watching us. I thought that she would understand and solve the unknown problem peacefully like adults. But all she did was smirk.

"Why? Are you scared that they will know the kind of slut you are?", Lila stated dramatically. Now I was feeling irritated by her again and again calling me slut.

"Fine we will talk here. Now stop beating around the bush and tell me what is the matter?", I stated confidently. Way to go Rain.

"My problem! You are my problem.", she stated while pointing a finger in my direction.

Darling I know that. Tell me something new. I mentally stated. But I bit my tongue to stop myself from saying that. I didn't want to hurt her feelings because the feeling of hatred wasn't mutual. One should act like an adult.

"Ma'am."

One of the maid called me and pointed towards the stairs. I looked behind to see Amber was descending the stairs. Her face was red and I knew she was crying.

Fudge, I forgot she doesn't like sleeping alone. I rushed in her direction. I took her in my arms as she placed her head on my shoulder.

"Sorry baby I didn't mean to leave you alone.", I cooed to her. I started patting her back softly. Soon her body stopped shaking and I knew she was back to sleep. I placed her sleeping form on the couch so that she was in my reach. I kissed her forehead to see Lila was looking at us with irritation.

What the hell is wrong with her? Had she hit her head with something?

"Lila let's talk like adults.", I stated.

She raised her eyebrow in a way that says; are you kidding me. I sighed and ran my hand through my wild platinum blonde hair.

"Both Nana and Nanu loves you more then they love me", she stated and my eyes bulged out of my socket. All that name calling was just because she was jealous!

"That sit. You are jealous of me.",I stated with light humor in my voice.

"I am not jealous.", she hissed but I thought she was just trying to hide her jealousy from me.