A Day To Remember

If you think I am weak then think again because a weakness makes you stronger because you have an urge to protect them
-Damien

Damien POV

I looked beside me to see both my sleeping beauties were sleeping peacefully.

Maybe Carter family has something for sleeping to!

My hands were clammy with sweat as I held on to the steering wheel. Today is it. I thought this day won't come for about next few months. But it came before even a week had passed. Giving me utter happiness.

Happiness, such a foreign word on my lips. But again the thought of having a daughter was also foreign.

I looked at Amy to see she has completely curled herself in Rain's lap. Was that position even comfortable? But I let it be. Both of them looked serene.

Soon my car crossed the gate of my mansion. As I parked it in the garage.

I gently shook Rain but she woke with a jolt. I forgot just like me she is a light sleeper. She looked at me confused.

"We have reached home.", I said softly.

It was only after I said that she realized we were back to home. She looked outside and just nodded her head.

I opened the car and my way to their side. I quickly opened the door and picked up Amy. Rain stumbled out quite literally though the car was of low height.

I chuckled at her attics and she just passed me a sheepish smile. I decided to make a bold move as I wrapped my right arm around her waist. I don't know what came to me that I did that. But it felt good.

Rain looked at me with her blue doe eyes wide as she never expected it. Well even I never expected it. But the best part was that she let it be. We all three went inside our home together.

"Lets just take her to her room. I will wake her up and change her clothes. If she sleeps right now then she will give me a sleepless night.", Rain stated indicating towards Amy.

I took a sleeping Amy upstair with me along with Rain following. I opened Amber's room and placed her on the bed. I left the room giving Amber and Rain their privacy.

I open the door to my room as I directly went inside the bathroom for a quick bath. After the bath I came out and dressed myself up in a gray shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants.

I didn't need to check my mail for the day as all my mails were transferred to my right hand that was Pear.

But mean while my phone rang. It was from Dante.

"Speak.", I said coldly.

"Boss a matter needs to be discussed.", Dante stated.

"1:30, my office.", I stated and cut the call. No mood to talk further.

I made my way downstairs without disturbing Rain or Amy because I knew when they will be done they will come down on their own. At the bottom of the stair I met the head chef and dismissed him saying that all of them can take leave for today. It was just 8 o'clock and there shift gets over at 10:00 but I wanted some time alone with them. With my family.

I had no idea of what I should be making. So I waited for Rain to come down.

I sat on the couch as I felt movement up the stairs. I looked back to see it was Amy who was rushing down the staircase.

"Careful baby.", I stated.

I made my way to her as I noticed my words fell deaf in her ears. She jumped down from the second stair on the floor. The landing wasn't graceful but I was glad at least she didn't fall.