Lesson

Thinking about the future just ruins the possibility of the present.
-Rain

RAIN POV

"Lets go.", I stated.

Sam placed down Amber as she made her way in my direction, curling her hands around my left leg. Her hands felt warm around my cold self.

My baby!

I swallowed back my tears. I didn't look up to meet anyone's glaze. Today I again felt like a victim just like I felt three years ago. I just wanted to be back at Damien's place and maybe weep a bit. Drowning myself in my miseries.

"What is wrong baby? Why leaving so suddenly?", nana asked from back while placing her hand on my shoulder. The whole room was quiet. No noise could be heard. Oh nana, I have no answer to your question.

But still I needed to keep a brave front. I turned around and looked at her in her eyes. I made sure no tears clouded my vision. My nana could never read me like an open book so I have less to fear.

"I am fine old lady. Just remembered some work.", I said softly as I pulled Amber by her hands. She obliged quietly maybe understanding her mother's inner turmoil.

"But Rain......"

Nanu started but I was swift to cut him. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt suffocated and maybe tortured.

"I will talk to you later nanu and nana. I have some urgent work.", I made an excuse. But I don't think nana or nanu bought my words. They looked suspicious and I have nothing to prove their suspicion wrong.

"Ah, even I have some important work so Naomi we should get going.", I heard a voice from the back. But I didn't need to turn back to know it belonged to Damien.

I could feel his body heat and the scent of after shave mixed with perfume before his shoes came in my line of view. I could feel him bending down to pick up Amber before he took my left hand and without saying a word made his way out of the house.

Typical Damien!

His hands, they were so warm and before I knew, the hand that was holding me was securely tied around my waist. I felt safe. He was anchoring me from a fall he knows nothing about.

I was too lost in my world. My mind hazy. I couldn't feel anything. I felt numb and maybe it was good. Darius words, they were revolving in my mind.

"He will come out someday. What will you do them? I know he will come for revenge. Who would save you and your daughter?"

How could I forget this. How stupid of me to think he won't be ever back! I was too busy forgetting my past to look back at it and remember you can't run away from somethings.

But again it is something that will happen after seven years. No Rain, you have no need to think about it. Seven years is way to ahead. But what will I do then?

This thought wasn't ready to leave my mind. When Darius brought up my past at that time only I was falling apart but when he used the word revenge I completely lost it.

A sudden jerk in the car brought me out of my daze. I looked outside to see the car has come to a halt.

When did the car start?

"Come.", I heard Damien softly whisper. I looked outside the window in Damien's direction to see he has parked the car near the park.

"I want to go back to your house Damien.", I stated. I heard Damien sigh. It wasn't a frustrated rather a soft sigh.