Care

Even if I die, I know someone is there for Amber.
-Rain

RAIN POV

I didn't know that Damien could be such a baby. Being worried about something that is too far. But if right now I compare my dad with him them they have so many similarities. Only if dad was here then both of them should have been drinking together.

I even know what dad should have said, "You should have been my soulmate if you should have been a woman."

Dad and his weird sense of humour. Only if.....

No Rain this is no time to think about such things. I scolded myself and brought my concentration back to the meal presented in front of me.

My stomach was full but I have eaten only half the stake of pancakes. It was extremely delicious and I was guilty of wasting it but I couldn't eat anymore.

"Eat it completely.", Damien said in a husky tone. I don't know if it was only me or his voice was always this sensual.

I shook my head. If I eat anymore then my stomach will burst. I can't eat anymore. Damien looked at me. His grey orbs urging me to eat further but I shook my head.

In between Amber pushed her cheese sandwich in my direction urging me to take a bite. But she used so much force to hold it and the cheese inside the sandwich spilled on my black dress.

"Baby!", I said softly. I simply asked Damien to pick Amber up so that I could use the restroom to fix my dress. I got out of my seat and made my way to the restroom whose direction I asked from one of the waitress.

I stood near the basin and took out a pack of tissue from my purse. I wetted one of the tissue and gently rubbed it at the area where the cheese has spilled. I looked at my work and sighed. The stain was gone and now only that area was wet. I turned around to leave the bathroom but I collided with someone.

"I am so sorry.", I said without looking up.

"Rain!"

I heard the voice of the person I have collided with and I instantly recognized it.

Harper

I looked up to see the same old woman but this time even more older and for once her perfect make up couldn't hide her wrinkles.

Guess time flies by way to quickly.

She was grinning ear to ear. I didn't know she would be this happy to see me. Me! Out of all the people.

I didn't even try returning her broad grin with even a small smile. She didn't deserve it.

But I did something I never did earlier. I looked straight in her eyes.

Surprise

Her eyes showed it. Maybe she wasn't expecting me to look in her eyes. But I did with a look saying 'time has changed, so have I'.

"You look gorgeous in your black dress.", she hushed. I simply nodded my head.

"Excuse me.", I stated as I started walking out of the restroom. But she caught my wrist and stopped me mid way.

"What's the hurry darling? Lets talk for a while. We have so much to catch up.", she said a bit too sweetly.

I couldn't stop the scoff that left my mouth. It sounded absurd coming out of her mouth. Such sweet words don't suit a woman like her.