Can't Let Go

My mind is full of negative thoughts like darkness embossed with fear and do I find peace in it, I will say yes because this is what I have become; a perfect yours in an utterly peaceful existence.
-Rain

Rain POV

I looked ahead of me to see an ocean of trees. It was beautiful. But I also knew that beauty comes with a cost.

I looked around of me and realized I had never been here before. I looked up at the sky to see the sun was setting.

I needed to find my way out of here before it gets dark. I thought to myself.

I took a deep breath and entered the forest. The trees were forming a canopy making it difficult to see the light.

But I kept on pushing my legs forward. No noise could be heard in the forest. It was way too calm.

A breeze blew and it calmed me. Encouraging me to walk. I started walking forward.

I heard a thin branch break. I looked down to realize that I haven't stepped on any thin branch.

I turned around to see a shadow. But it moved fast. As if it was never there. But I knew someone was there.

"Whose there?", I called out. My voice a bit shaky.

Another breeze blew and it carried a scent.

Amber

A surge of desperation ran in my blood. I didn't care if it was really her or a trap. But I had to find it out.

If I could meet her again.

Just once maybe.

"Ma"

I heard a voice. It was soft and something in my bones told me it was Amber's. I have never heard her but the way my heart thudded I knew I wasn't wrong.

"Amber?"

I called out but no reply.

I saw a piece of white cloth going in the right and I decided to follow it.

A heard a melodious laugh. It was a person or more of a girl I was following.

"You ain't faster than me momma."

I heard a teasing voice and tears filled my eyes. It was my Amber.

I increased my pace not caring once that I would fall. I stumbled once or twice but never stopped.

My Amber was here.

Now the trees were fewer in number and I could make out it was a girl in a white gown.

She stopped in a meadow. It wasn't beautiful rather it was terrifying.

All the flowers were dead and the pond water covered with a thick green layer and a bit of foam.

I looked up in the sky to see the sun and moon were in a straight line with the sky being grey.

No stars

"Beautiful, isn't it?", I heard the girl ask.

My mouth wasn't able to form any answer.

I moved forward in her direction. As I placed a hand on her shoulder. She was taller than my Amber but something told me she was my Amber.

She turned around.