Courage

Karma is definitely a b*tch but in a good way
-Damien

DAMIEN POV

I looked ahead of me as I parked the car a bit far away from the house. The parking was full so I had to. I didn't expect so many people to show up at Lila's funeral but again how could have I. I never gave her a chance to speak.

Rain picked up Amber as she exited the car. I could see Rain was struggling with Amber so I took her from Rain. Rain didn't say a word but her face fell. I didn't want to hurt her feelings but I knew she wasn't capable of carrying Amber.

Amber rested her head on my shoulder, ready to doze off. Whatever Rain says but I am taking her to a doctor. It is not good to sleep this much.

We reached the house. It wasn't anything outstanding but looked like a cozy two storey house. I turned around to see there was a park behind. I still remember this park. It is the same place I met that six year old girl who passed me her courage with that locket. I was thirteen at that time and even if this town is small I never saw that girl again. As if she vanished.

I turned back as Rain rang the door bell and the song 'I am a Barbie girl' played. This completely woke up Amber as if she realized she has reached her nana's house. She looked at me and I winked at her. She graced me with a smile that would always make my day.

The door opened and Naomi, Amber's nana graced us with her presence. She squealed like a child as she pulled Rain in a bear hug. I am not a fan of hugs but I knew that hug meant so much to both the women. I could see the unshed tears in Naomi's eyes. I was also sure that Rain was also on verges of crying. I just knew it.

"Where is my cupcake?", she said a bit too loudly and Amber started bouncing in my arms ready to jump. Maybe Naomi said it loudly to catch Amber's attention.

She took Amber from my arms. More like snatched her from my arms. She completely ignored me as if I didn't exist. I swallowed the chuckle that was rising my throat. She is something different. I heard Rain chuckle ahead. Maybe she also find it funny.

Soon Walton came in the picture as we entered the house. Both the women were so busy that they didn't see Walton passing me an apologetic smile. He took Amber in his arms.

Everyone came around and started mingling with each other. I looked around and found a quiet corner to stand. I kept my eyes on Amber to make sure she wasn't uncomfortable.

I looked around the house to absorb as much the essence of the house as much as possible. I wanted Rain and Amber to feel that my house is their home.

I looked outside and the park was clearly visible. I sighed as I remember that cold afternoon. I never knew Rain lived so near to this park.

*~*

I parked my car near to the park. The snow has gathered around my boots. But I didn't care. Neither about the weather nor about me being underage to drive. No one has the the power to say a word to me except sir and my mother.

I have never been to this park of the town. But I was just running today and somehow ended up here. I am running from everything; my past, my present and my future. It is all just so suffocating. I can't live up to anyone's expectation.

Pathetic

I am pathetic. I have to rule the underworld and here I am feeling miserable at murdering a woman. It was first time I murdered a woman. I never wanted to but I couldn't do anything to stop because if I shouldn't have killed her, sir should have beaten me.