Night Talks

Don't try to break through my walls as they keep on growing higher with every try.
- Damien

RAIN POV

"Angel, it is me.", I heard a voice and I instantly recognized it.

Damien.

I sighed in relief as Damien came in the light of the kitchen. He was wearing a pair of sweatpant and a white tee.

I started taking deep breath to calm my heart that was trying to jump out of my mouth. I thought it was him.

Damien quickly passed through me inside the kitchen. Maybe he was going towards Amber. But soon I felt something cold touch my lips.

"Drink it. You will feel better.", Damien stated and I immediately complied. I drank the water greedily. I looked up in his grey orbs to see worry was evident in them. Was he worried for me?

"You okay?", he asked but I was unable to form words so I simply nodded my head.

I looked back to see Amber looking at us with full concentration as if we were the most entertaining thing to her at that moment and how much I deny it maybe we were.

I looked back at Damien and slight anger bubbled within me. I gave him my infamous glare that I know won't scare a fly but hey at least I tried. Damien knitted his eyebrow as if not getting my message.

"Who carries a gun in the house? No wait why the hell do you have a gun?", I asked him, pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

He opened his mouth and closed it. I looked at him waiting for a reply. He ran his hand through his voluminous hair.

"It is for protection.", he said in a low tone.

"Really! You know how scared I was? No because you just felt like bringing your gun and pointing it at people without a reason. I could have had a heart attack. Amber, you know she doesn't fantasize guns. It could have such a bad effect on her. Why couldn't have you behaved like a sane person by just asking who is there? But no you can't do that. What could have......"

I felt a something warm pressed over my lips. I was too caught up to see Damien had moved closer.

And did he just pressed his lips against mine!??

My heart skipped a beat. I felt his strong arm going around my waist to full me closer. His lips were warm and soft and I don't know how but they moulded perfectly with mine.

I could feel the whole zoo dance within me. I was speechless. My legs felt week. He just has his lips pressed against mine and the effect....I can't explain it.

Before I could register what happened he withdrew his lips. I touched my lips to feel a tingly sensation. I couldn't stop the blush that rose my cheek. Fifty shades of red was I!

"I didn't know how to cut your ramble.", Damien justified but in return he just got a glare from my side. Who kisses someone to shut them up.

Before I could give him a lecture, I heard someone clap. I turned around to see Amber was looking at us anxiously. I completely forgot about her. The effect of Damien Black.