First Kiss

It's always difficult to make a new start but a smile can make it better.
-Rain

RAIN POV

It's been one month since Amber has been in the hospital and today she is going to be discharged. But the bad part is that I won't be going back to my home rather we are going to Damien's place. All of Amber and my stuff has already been transferred to Damien's house.

I looked at my daughter to see her jumping on the bed. She is way to excited to go back home but she doesn't know the twist.

"Sit down baby or you are going to fall.", I said to Amber as I pulled her down, making her sit. She gave me pout and I chuckled at her cuteness.

I looked behind me to see Nana entering the room. She looked paler than usual and I very well know the reason. Her daughter and grand daughter were moving out with a dangerous man.

She walked slowly towards us but before she could reach me Amber stood up and rushed to the corner of the bed wanting a hug.

"Oh, my dear chocolate.", Nana cooed her as she embraced her. Tears were glittering in her eyes but she didn't let them fall. She wanted to say good bye to us in a happy manner.

Though we both lived in the same town but I don't how long it would take before we get to meet her again.

After a minute she let Amber go as she made Amber sit on the bed. Amber crawled back towards her pillow as she quietly laid down. Maybe she could feel the sorrow that hung in the room.

"Oh my poor baby.", she said as she took me in her warm embrace. I felt tears gathering in my own eyes. I will miss you Nana. I really would.

Soon she let me go as she sat back on the chair next to mine. I quietly sat down and waited for her to proceed.

"Are you ready for this new journey?", Nana asked as I shook my head.

I will never be ready for this new journey. Living under the same roof as of the Beast won't be a easy job. I still fear about the well-being of my daughter and after his outburst a few days ago I am even more scared.

I sat next to Amber as I fed her a bowl of oatmeal. It was a difficult job but I some how managed.

I heard the click of the door and saw Damien enter the room walking like he owned the place.

"Good morning.", Damien stated as he neared us.

"Morning.", I whispered and looked down. I didn't want to meet his glaze. Their was something about him that made me cower. When ever I see him, I just hope he would disappear. But that was not the case.

I drew my courage as I looked at him. I heard him sigh and rub the back of his neck. I looked at Amber to see her watching us intensely as if we were the most interesting thing on Earth.

"Do you want something?", I asked him while rubbing my palms. Why am I this nervous. Stupid body!

"No. I actually came here to meet Amber.", Damien told me as he turned in her direction.

As soon as Amber heard her name her ears perked. Curious girl! She looked at me as soon as Damien started moving in her direction.

"Do you want a chocolate?", Damien asked her but she didn't make any gestures. She sat still like a statue.

Damien tried holding her hand but she pulled it back and rushed in my direction. Before she could fall from the bed I caught her.

I placed her in between my arms as she coiled on my chest. My poor baby. I patted her back in a soothing manner to calm her down. She wasn't crying but she was still scared.