Hold On

I am no angel but if you will ask for death from me then maybe I give it to you because I am not that cold hearted.
-Damien

Damien POV

The plan was set. There was no way they could make out of it, alive.

"Brother I think you should go and meet Rain once before leaving. She is really torn.", Dominic suggested.

I simply nodded my head. I could feel Rain's ache because I was feeling the same. Not just for Amy but also for Rain herself.

I left the basement with all responsibilities on Dominic. I made my way up the stairs to Amber's room because I know she will be there.

I knocked the door but no voice came from inside. The door was open so I opened the door to see my angel coiled between Amber's clothes.

Breathing in her scent.

"Rain.", I called softly.

But the voice fell deaf in her ears. The room was dark and the moon was also not there tonight. It was covered with clouds.

I turned on the lights. I looked at her. She was in the same clothes as day before yesterday. She was utterly lost. She just left her room yesterday to burry Coco and ate barely.

Guilt filled every fibre of my body. It is all being caused because of me.

I moved closer to her as I put a finger below her chin to lift her face. She looked in my eyes.

Fear

It was the only thing I could see. She wasn't fearing me rather she was fearing for Amy and me.

"She will be fine.", I said softly.

She didn't say anything and continued staring at me. I slowly placed my lips on her in a gentle kiss. She responded immediately. This kiss made me believe she was still breathing.

I removed my lips and she looked at me lost. So lost that it clenched my heart.

"Damien I can feel she is breathing. I can feel her heartbeat within me. Just bring her to me.", Rain said.

Her words were bringing tears in my eyes. I didn't know what to say. I sat next to her as she placed her head on my shoulder.

"You know Amber once asked me why couldn't she speak.", Rain stated.

"What did you say?", I asked.

"I said because she is too precious. She is chosen by the god to be specially abled so she doesn't need to say all those things that could hurt other intentionally or unintentionally.", Rain said.

"Did she even understand what you meant?", I asked her teasingly.

"Nah. She made a confused face, stuck her tongue out and ran to Sam for an idiotic but understandable answer.", Rain said while chuckling.

I nodded my head as I chuckled myself.

"Day after tommorow is her birthday. Get her back. We need to prepare for it too.", Rain stated and I nodded my head.

I looked at my watch. It was time to leave.

I got up from the bed. Rain looked at me questionably.

"I am going to get Amy.", I stated. She just nodded her head.

I bent down in front of her as I kissed her left foot and then her right foot. A tear fell on her right foot. It was mine.

I heard her gasp.

"I am sorry for the pain I have caused you. I promise you I will get back Amy. Our Amy.", I stated as I wiped my tears and without looking back left the room.