Disappointment

Life is too short for regret but I regret every moment that I do something wrong because it is all related to you.
-Damien

DAMIEN POV

I felt frustrated seeing those motherf*cker cops but I kept my mouth shut and kept a solemn face. I don't want Rain to know that I killed her by slicing her throat in such a manner that she choked on her own blood.

After tiny bit of negotiating. Okay maybe not negotiating just plain intimidation, the hopeless and pathetic blokes decided to interrogate Rain in the house. But like hell I will let them do it. They are in the wrong territory and they know it full well.

I don't know why Rain cried for her. What's her name Lily, Lilian....? I don't remember it, neither I want to nor I give a f*ck about it. She was troublesome and she dared threaten my daughter. I don't take this type of sh*t.

"Sir..."

I heard a worried voice and hurried foot steps descending the staircase. I turned around to see Marie carrying Amber.

"Ms Amber has fainted.", Marie said in a worried tone. Everything came to stop listening that. Before I could make a move, Rain has rushed in the direction. She took her in her arms.

"Amber, baby.", Rain stated while patting Amber's cheek.

I quickly made my way near the door and picked out the Tesla's key. I swiftly moved in the direction of Rain. My heart was beating furiously. I took Amber from Rain's arm as I dashed towards the car in the garage. Rain followed me without a word.

I unlocked the car as Rain took Amber from my arms as she settled on her seat with Amber in her lap. I started the car as it roared to life. Quickly we were on the road. Rain was constantly trying to wake Amber but to no avail.

My fear was creeping up with every passing second. I just hope her food wasn't poisoned. But we all ate the same food so the chances are rare but still I can't be sure.

In my hurriedness I jumped almost every red light. Not caring a bit. The thought of the officers still being in my house was completely forgotten. Soon the hospital came in view. I quickly parked the car, picked up Amber as I dashed inside the hospital. Rain following me hot on my tail.

In a span of a few minutes, Amber was taken from my arm and placed on a stretcher. The doctors took Amber with them leaving Rain and me alone. We both were standing in front of the room, Amber was taken to.

I heard soft sobs from the back. I turned around to see Rain was crying. The scene broke something in me. Not just because I feared Amber is poisoned and if that is the case I will never be able to forgive myself. I don't regret anything in life but this is something about I am going to regret.

Another thing was this growing connection with Rain. I don't know why but seeing her cry didn't sit well with me. I don't know what this is but I maybe liked this connection.

I pulled Rain in my direction by using her waist. She didn't complain. She simply buried her head in my chest as she sobbed. It was then I noticed she barely reached my chest. I didn't know how to calm her. For me women are like tissues, use and throw. But this woman is different. She is the mother of our daughter.

"Amber...", she wailed once she has stopped sobbing.

I tied my arms around her. One around her waist and another around her shoulder.

"She is going to be fine, angel.", I stated softly trying to comfort her.

"Damien...."

Before Rain could complete her statement, the doctor came out. Rain swiftly let go of me and I immediately missed the warmth her feminine body was providing. I let go of Rain as we both looked at the doctor.