Prologue

I sat in the middle of my living room putting together a new side table I'd bought when my phone rang.
"Stone." I answered holding my cellphone with my shoulder still screwing the last leg into the bottom of the tabletop.
"We need you again." The voice on the other end said
"Hello to you too, Scott. What do you have?" I smiled into the phone.
"It's something a little different from the normal but we think you're the best suited for this."
"Give it to me."
"We need you to go out to Times Square in New York and intercept Jonathan Black."
"Who's Jonathan Black?"
"He's the elder twin brother of Master illusionist Cameron Black."
"Why is he so important that you need me?"
"He's not but you need to get the attention of the woman stalking him."
"Who is she?"
"We don't actually know. She has two different colored eyes and we believe she's killed an upwards of a dozen people and now she's planning something against the Black brothers."
"So not only do you want me to convince a master of deception to leave Times Square with me but you also want me to make sure this woman sees me do it? You're right, this is different."
"We don't know much about the elder Black brother except that he's been hidden from the world for his entire life."
"If he doesn't know that we even know he exists then I don't need information on him. I need information on Cameron."
"Cameron Black is all over the news all the time. Not much about him that isn't public knowledge. Though I think it'll be better for you to just let him lead the conversation. You're smart. You'll play off him effortlessly."
"Fine, Scott. I'll go." I sighed.
"I knew you'd say that."
"I know you did."
"The show is tomorrow night."
"I'll leave in a few hours and get a room off Times Square."
I hung up the phone and packed up one of my little red dresses and my pair of red strappy stiletto heels. I finished putting my second side table together and left my home in Saco, Maine and began the eight and a half hour drive to Times Square, New York.
"Hello, Ms. Smith. Your room is ready for you." A pleasant blonde woman greeted me as I walked up to the front counter.
"Thank you, Andrea." I smiled at her as she handed me the key to the room.

"There's a word magicians don't use anymore but I've always wanted to try it

"There's a word magicians don't use anymore but I've always wanted to try it. Ta-Da." His voice was intoxicating.
Even knowing how they did it, it was an amazing illusion.
I made my way to the front of the crowd near the woman with the duel colored eyes just as Jonathan Black looked over towards us. His eyes caught mine and smirked at me. I could feel the woman look over at me but didn't take my eyes off him as I offered him a sly smile.
As he finished signing autographs he walked over to me.
"Something about you caught my eye. May I buy you a drink?" He asked.
"I would love that, Mr. Black." I smiled at him again.
He offered me his arm and I looked back at the mystery woman who stared daggers at me as he led me to the bar in my hotel.
"Can I get a Sex on the Beach, please?" I ordered.
"Good choice." Jonathan breathed looking at me.
"I'll take an Old Fashioned, please."
"Coming right up." The bartender said.
"So, are you from New York?" Jonathan asked turning to me.
"No. I'm in town on business. I'm from Maine. Yourself? Las Vegas to New York is a large commute." I teased.
"Not when you're magic." He winked at me.
I giggled.
"Thank you." I said as the bartender set our drinks down.
Jonathan nodded at him and paid for our drinks.
I listen as Jonathan told me about the mechanics of the illusion without giving away how it was done.
"You must be incredibly strong to be able to do that." I mused reaching out to touch his bicep as he watched me.
"Are your eyes purple?" He asked looking closer at my face.
"Sometimes. They shift from a deep blue to a pale purple." I answered with a smile.
"Depends on my mood or what I'm wearing."
"So red pulls out the purple in your eyes? I bet that's what drew me to you." He smiled at me.
I looked up and found the mystery woman watching us from a table in the back of the bar.
"What do you say we get out of here?" I asked touching him again.
He leaned into my touch.
"I have a room upstairs." I said as he looked up into my eyes.
"You know what? I think that's a great idea." He said taking my face in his hands and kissing me.
We made our way to the elevator and he pinned me to the elevator wall still kissing me.
We were still kissing as we got my hotel room door open. I pushed his leather jacket off his shoulders as he pulled my dress straps off my shoulders and pushed it off of me. His palms were rough against the bare skin of my hips. I worked on the buttons on his shirt as he kissed my neck as he pushed me back slamming my back against the wall. I gasped and pulled him closer to me as I pushed the shirt off of him. He moved to grip my legs and lift me up so I could wrap my legs around his bare torso.
He pulled me off the wall and tossed me onto the bed before undoing his pants and climbing on top of me.
"I think you really are magical." I breathed into his ear.
"You are a god." I breathed as he pulled me into his arms after mindblowing sex.
I listened as Jonathan's heart rate steadied and his breathing slowed before I slipped out of his arms and got dressed. I found a piece of paper and wrote:
I had fun last night.
Keep yourself safe,
Jonathan Black.
K.S.
I set the note on my pillow and walked out of the room to start my drive home.