Chapter 7

JONATHAN BLACK
"Where did she go?" Blair yelled at me as two other agents ripped me out of the chair.
He slammed his fist into my face knocking me back into the wall. I watched her run passed the open door slamming her fist into the door drawing their attention away from me.
"Get her!" He yelled before slamming me back against the wall.
"Just wait until you see what I have in store for you." He hissed before slamming his fist into my ribs causing me to double over and fall down to my knees.
I should have been concerned about what he said but I couldn't help worry about Kaitlyn. What was happening to her?
Breathing was so hard and I realized he'd broken one of my ribs. I couldn't even stand up on my own.
I didn't hear them come back and didn't notice him standing next to me until he kicked me in the side. I couldn't help but scream out as another of my ribs cracked under the force.
"Get him up." Blair ordered.
His two goons grabbed my arms and wretched me up to me feet so I was face to face with him.
I felt defiant. I wanted to know what happened to Kaitlyn.
"Did you hear the gunshots?" He smirked at me.
"You shot her?" I looked at him wide eyed.
"Well she screamed so I'm certain I did." He smirked again.
"You're a bastard." I hissed earning me another punch to my torso.
"Knowing Kaitlyn Stone she'll still come for you. I'm certainly counting on it." His eyes were wild as he spoke to me.
"What do you want from her?" I asked.
"I want to see what she's capable of. I want to see what she's willing to do for you." He answered.
I could feel the anxiety bubbling up in my chest as he looked at me with wild eyes.
For the first time I was concerned about what he was going to do to me.
"That's what I've been looking for." He sighed.
"Fear. Get him out of here."
They dragged me out of the room, passed the cells, to an isolation cell set in the floor. They dropped me into it and slammed the door.
I had no idea how long I was down there or how many times I lost consciousness from the pain but I did everything to keep my mind on Kaitlyn. I could only hope she found her way to Cameron and he could help her.
"Stand up." A voice said from above me.
Reluctantly I stood up and looked up into the face of one Blair's goons.
"Come on." He said.
"My ribs are broken. I can't pull myself out of here." I answered.
"I'll help you but you have to try."
He looked at me with pity and I hated it.
Despite my pain I reached up and let him take my hands and help me raise out of the isolation cell.
"I hate that we're doing this. It's not you we're after." He sighed as he shackled my ankles and wrists together.
"What is he going to do to me?" I asked.
"He's going to send Stone a very clear message."
"Why? I don't understand."
"Her family and his have been rivals for generations. She cares for you. You'd better hope she finds you before he can do to you what he did to her husband. She fucked up falling for you."
"Falling for me? We slept together once."
"That's more than she's done since Chase Stone was killed. You must be very special. It was her job with you that turned us onto her. Blair's daughter is the one that was after you. We didn't even expect her to show up but when she did Blair decided to track her." He explained.
I didn't know that she hadn't slept with anyone between me and her husband.
The man forced me back down the hallway and out to a waiting van where Blair waited.
He slammed me into the wall of the van fastening a metal collar around my neck holding my head upright before wrapping a blindfold over my eyes and gagging me.
I couldn't move. I couldn't see. I had no idea where they were taking me.
I did everything I could to count how long we drove but every time we turned the collar would cut into my throat causing me to lose count.
When we stopped I heard the van door open and felt the collar release from my neck.
"The real fun is about to begin, Mr. Black. I hope you're ready." Drake Blair's voice said directly in my ear.
A large part of me wanted to lash out and run but I also didn't want to get shot. I needed to be where Kaitlyn could find me.
I let them lead me still blindfolded into a building and down a set of stairs. I could see the change in the lighting as one of them shoved me down into a wooden chair. My ankles were unchained for a moment before they were tied to the legs of the chair so tight my feet almost immediately went numb. They unshackled my wrists and tied my arms to the arms of the chair just as tightly.
When I felt the tip of the blade against the skin at the base of my throat I froze. Blair laughed as he slid the knife down my torso cutting the front of my shirts revealing my chest. He pulled the remnants off my shoulders before dragging the knife across my chest cutting into my skin. Involuntarily I screamed through the gag before he cut me again.
This is what Kaitlyn meant when she said they tortured her husband. He'll send this to her to rile her up. He's hoping she'll get reckless.
I couldn't hear what was happening around me above the pounding of my pulse in my head. Then I felt the knife stab into my shoulder forcing me to scream again. I pulled roughly against the bindings on my wrists trying desperately to get away from him.
He grabbed ahold of my hair wretching my head back with the blade of the knife against my throat.
"If you keep struggling it'll be worse for you." He whispered in my ear.
I couldn't control my breathing as he stabbed me again. This time the knife burned my skin as it pierced into my stomach. I could feel the involuntary tears rolling down my face as the white hot knife cauterized my wound as it made it causing me to finally lose consciousness.