Chapter 2

JONATHAN BLACK
"Dina, I need to talk to you." I sighed as we met up after the Las Vegas to New York show.
"What is it, Jonathan? Are you alright?" She asked as I led her into my bedroom in the archive.
"I slept with someone else last night." I admitted as she sat down on my bed.
"Why?" She asked mechanically.
"I don't know. She captivated me. Something about her grabbed ahold of me and wouldn't let go. I thought about not telling you at all and pretending like it didn't happen but if I'm being honest I can't stop thinking about her and that's not fair to you."
"So, you cheated on me and now you're breaking up with me?" She raised her voice staring daggers into my heart.
"It was wrong and I'm sorry but I can't be with you anymore. Not when I'm having feelings for and thoughts of her. I hope this won't change your friendship with Cameron. That wouldn't be fair to him. He didn't do this. I did."
"I'll talk to Cameron later. Does he know what you've done?" She asked starting to cry.
It shattered me to know I'd hurt her but I needed to be honest with her about how I felt. It was beyond wrong what I did but it felt so right at the time.
"Yes. I told him on the way back this morning. I insisted he let me tell you." I answered.
"I need time." She said standing up and walking out.
Earlier in our relationship I would have chased her but as much as I'm sorry for hurting her I couldn't shake my night with that woman. I couldn't shake how she made me feel. I sat down on the edge of my bed and sighed.
"How can I find you?" I muttered to myself.
***ONE YEAR LATER***
"What do you mean, no, Cameron? I'm done. I can't keep hiding like this." I sighed looking up at my brother from the chair I sat in.
"How are we going to explain it to our fans?" He asked raising his eyebrow at me.
"You mean your fans? No one knows I exist and I'm sick of it. I deserve to be my own person. I've helped you live your dream for ten years after our father hid my existence for twenty. When is it my turn? When do I get to live my dream?" I countered.
"Fine, Jonny. Fine, but we have to do it right. We need one more show. One show to announce a real partnership between us so you can start living your dreams too."
"Okay, when?" I asked standing in front of him.
"Saturday is the taping of the next television special. We'll stay together for the finale instead of you coming back to New York like you did last year."
I nodded for a moment thinking about it.
"Yeah, okay."
To my surprise, the reveal went off without a hitch. Cameron and I ended the show with our hands clasped raised above our heads in the center of the stage surrounded by flames to the cheers and screams of the crowd.
By Monday morning our phone started ringing off the hook asking for interviews with us both. Giving us a chance to tell our story. From our father, Sebastian Black to now with the huge reveal of my existence. By the end of the week we had completed fifteen different interviews. Some with skeptics who viewed our reveal as proof that magic isn't real; some with fans who viewed our reveal as a breach of trust; and some with fans who viewed our reveal as just a new dynamic in our show and our lives.
On the following Saturday there was a knock on the door of the archive.
"Jonathan Black?" A man in a blue suit asked as I opened the door.
"Yes?" I questioned concerned.
"I'm Supervisory Special Agent Drake Blair out of the Maine field office and I'd like to ask you some questions about Kaitlyn Stone." He said.
"I don't know a Kaitlyn Stone." I answered honestly.
"I think you do. Here's a picture of you and Special Agent Stone at a hotel off Times Square last year."
"Special Agent? I don't understand. We met after a show my brother and I gave here in New York. I never got her name." I said looking at the picture of me and Kaitlyn Stone kissing in the bar last year."
"You often have sex with women whose name you don't know?"
"No, sir. It was the first and only time." I answered.
"Special Agent Stone didn't report to her position at the Maine field office this week and you are the only person we've found that she seems to be acquainted with outside of Maine."
"I haven't seen or spoken to her since that night." I sighed and shook my head.
"I don't think I believe you, Mr. Black. I'm placing you under arrest for suspicion of the abduction of a federal agent. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights as I have read them to you?"
He read me my rights as he grabbed my wrists and handcuffed my hands behind my back roughly.
"Ah... yes." I said as clearly as I could.
I had nothing to hide. I hadn't even learned her name until that moment.
"Jonathan, what is going on?" My brother asked coming out of his bedroom.
"Don't worry, Cameron. It's just a misunderstanding." I tried to assure him.
"This is serious, Mr. Black. If we find you're responsible for Agent Stone's disappearance it's much more serious than any other. She's a Special Agent with the FBI."
"Who's Agent Stone?" Cameron asked.
Before I could answer I was pulled out of the archive away from him and out to a waiting large black SUV. Agent Blair shoved me into the backseat slamming my head against the doorframe.
"You're going to pay for what you've done." He hissed slamming the car door leaving me alone.
I groaned resting my head against the back of the seat.
Kaitlyn Stone. I pondered her name. K.S. Where are you?