Chapter 8

Shanice POV 

*

"Damn my bad girl," Vickie groaned. "I did not mean to get drunk like that. I ended up ruining our date night."

"It's okay Vickie," I smiled. "I still had fun. Minus the part where you threw up on me."

"How embarrassing," she pouted. "I remember a little bit of the night. I think you disappeared on me. Where'd you go?"

"Oh I just ran into somebody I know. We ended up talking a little bit before he left again."

"Yeah? Who was it? Is he cute?"

"I guess," I mumbled not wanting to go down that road. "His name is Royal. He's Mae's brother."

"Royal? I think he's the guy that owns the club right? And he's the one that Dee works for right?" I nodded. She grabbed her phone and started doing stuff. "Girl this is him?!" She showed me a picture from off of Mae's page of her and him. "Girl he's fine as hell!" 

"He's okay," I dismissed. 

"Girl is he single?"

"You're not so why does it matter?"

"Because y'all need to hook up. What did you two talk about?"

"Yeah that's not happening. He's like a brother to me. And he was just checking up on me per Mae's request. Nothing deep." My alarm went off telling me it's time to get up. Luckily I have a late class today but I tend to get ready some time in advance so I won't worry about it later. "Pass me my bag please. I need to make sure I have everything for this class. The professor is a hard ass."

"I don't wanna," she whined. I rolled my eyes and got up to get it myself. 

"Shit," I muttered shifting through all of my things. 

"What is it?"

I sighed. "My book. For my Advance Reporting class, it's not here."

"Check your desk."

"No need because the last time I had it was when I was at Dee's place writing my paper. If it's not in my bag then it's still over there."

"Damn. You need me to go get it?"

"Bitch you wouldn't get my bag that was sitting by your feet. But don't worry about it. Dee's more than likely sleeping or on campus somewhere so I'm not worried about him. I'll see you after class."

"Alright. If he fucks with you just let me know. Hangover or not I'll fuck a nigga up for you."

I chuckled. "Thanks Vick." I grabbed my things and headed out. I sat in the lobby of our dorm and waited on my Uber driver. Kids on campus can't drive for shit so I'd rather take an Uber if I need to go somewhere in the daytime. I got the notification that my driver was outside and headed to the car. 

"Hey my name's-"

"Hi it's nice to meet you but I'm in a hurry so can we go?" Campus traffic is worse than any kind of traffic there is and I'm trying to beat it. I have a no nonsense professor so I need to get my things and back to campus asap. 

"Of course." The guy pulled off. I scrolled through blackboard to see if there were any assignments I missed or anything new posted from my online class. "So I'm taking you to the same place from the other day?"

"What?" I looked at him crazy. 

"I was the one who picked you up from this same address. You looked pretty upset then."

"Oh," I said. Maybe that's why he looks kind of familiar. "Yeah I forgot something so it won't take me long." We pulled up to the apartment complex Dee lives at. "I'll only be a minute so can you wait here?"