Chapter 22

Shanice POV 

*

"Damn my head is killing me," I sighed as I read over my notes. Thanksgiving break has long been over and finals are beginning. I had been so busy after the break that I didn't have time for anything. Now that it's finals week I'm even more of a hermit. All I do is study non-stop. My grades have been laughable all semester long so I need to make sure my final grades are as solid as possible. 

I glanced at the painkillers, debating briefly on whether or not I should take them. I shook the thought away, knowing they were just going to make me drowsy. There was a short knock before Vickie walked in. "Get dressed," she said. 

"What?"

"You heard me. You've been cooped up in this room for days. I understand you're worried about your grades but you won't be able to take the exam if you starve yourself. Besides, over studying with no break will only make things worse. You need some fresh air and food."

"But-"

"No buts. Get your ass dressed. Neow!"

"Fine. Shit." That's probably exactly what I need anyways. I haven't eaten properly since I started my studying binge. I mostly snack on what I have so I'm not completely hungry. I got up and showered and got dressed. "You're bossy as hell. I'm supposed to be the bossy friend."

"Well you've obviously met your match hoe. Now let's go get some food!" I followed her out and we headed to the cafe together. Vickie was talking and I was too busy trying to ignore the piercing headache that continued to pound at me. "Shani are you okay? You look kind of sick."

"I'm fine," I smiled weakly. The bright light was blinding and made my headache ten times worse and now I could feel my asthma start to act up. There was a tight feeling in my chest making it hard for me to breathe. "V-Vickie," I muttered as I swayed a little. Everything was spinning so fast. 

"Shani? Shani?!" Everything went black. 

Royal POV

*

Since this is a busy time for Dee I knew manning the trap would be difficult so I'm watching it this week. I'm thinking of letting someone who lives here run it alongside Dee. Considering he's not planning on staying here after graduation I should've planned for it sooner. Dee knows these guys better than I do so I'll let him choose who's the most trustworthy. 

"Boss," Harris came in. He's a loyal worker who does his job and isn't with the fuck shit. I think he's my top choice to run things with Dee. "Got what you asked for." He handed me the file. "Sorry it took so long. Took a while to really connect the dots."

"No problem. Thanks for doing what I asked." I opened the file and read through everything. I shook my head at the information. "Where is she?" 

"Our eyes say she's been locked in her dorm all week but her and her friend are on their way to the cafe."

"Alright. Watch the place until I come back." I grabbed the file and brought it with me. I got in the car and headed to campus to find Shani. She needs to see this. 

Considering I've been to this campus multiple times I have a decent idea of where to go. Shani's dorm is like a five minute walk from the cafe so I just parked near there and walked the rest of the way. I looked around for Shani and saw her and her friend not too far from the entrance so I hurried over to them. "Shani I have to talk-"

"Shani? Shani?!" Shani started swaying a little bit and fell back. Luckily I was right behind her and caught her. "Oh my god Shani! Shani wake up!" The girl started panicking as Shani wouldn't open her eyes. 

"Damn," I muttered picking her up. "We've got to take her to the hospital." The girl nodded and ran behind me to my car. We sped out of the parking lot and to the hospital. When we got there the nurses rushed her away. "What happened to her?"

"I don't know," her friend muttered. "Shani locked herself in her room recently because of finals. I dragged her out because I thought she needed fresh air but I think I just made it worse for her. I thought she looked sick but she wouldn't tell me anything and by the time I noticed how bad it was she had already passed out."

I nodded. If that's true then we shouldn't be too worried. Her body is probably weak from her unhealthy habits these past few days. She probably pushed herself too hard and this is the result of that. "Well I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure she'll be fine."

"Who are you again? I think I recognize you from that club we went to."

"I'm Royal. Mae's older brother. I stop in from time to time to check on Shani and Dee."

"Okay I thought so. Thank you for being there. I don't know what I would've done without you."

"No problem. I know it's exam time and your worried but if you have a test to take or study for I think you should go and handle that. I can stay here with Shani until they figure out what's up with her."

"Okay," she sighed. "Here's my number so you can text or call me. Let me know as soon as you find out something or otherwise I'm not going to calm down so easy."

"Yeah no problem. Here, take my car back to campus. I'm kind of the reason why you're here."

"Ooh I like you. My boyfriend don't even let me drive his bum ass car." I chuckled and shook my head. She reminds me of Jada. I sat in the waiting room for hours until one of the nurses came out towards me. I stood up as she got closer. 

"Family of Shanice Holmes right?"

"Yeah. Is she okay now?"

"We have her stabled as of right now. We think it was a mild migraine attack mixed with her being severely dehydrated. We have her hooked up to an IV fluid now but we also are waiting for more test results to come back."

"Why do you need more test results if you fixed what was wrong with her?"

"There were some irregularities that caused us to worry. They're all just a precaution and I'm sure she's going to be fine. She's up and lucid enough to talk. Just try to keep your voice down and do not turn on the lights. The pain medicine we provided for her should be wearing off soon and we don't want her feeling uncomfortable."

"Alright no problem." I headed to her room. I texted her friend to let her know what was up. I guess I'll hold on to that file for a little bit until she's feeling a little better. 

A little Royal action for you guys ^_^. Tell me what you all think!