Chapter 35

Shanice POV

*

Today is the day. I've been extremely nervous about this surgery. "Let's go baby mama," Dee said coming into the room. He's finished with his exams and his lease is up at the apartment so Royal let him stay here in order to take care of me oppose to the nurse. 

"I'm coming," I muttered taking the mask off and slowly sitting up. Dee helped me off the bed and into the bathroom to wash up. I was thankful that he already had ran me a bath. I have to admit, Dee's been very attentive to me these past few days. It was nice to have somebody worry about you. I was able to enjoy the bath for a little while before getting out and getting ready. Dee was packing up my overnight bag for me. "Don't forget my pillow," I said waddling out the door. 

"Where are you going? Don't you eat nothing Shani!"  I ignored him and tried rushing to the kitchen for a little snack. Me and my poor baby are starving. 

"What are you doing?" I squeaked in surprise and jumped. I turned and Royal was leaning in the kitchen entry way looking at me pointedly. 

"Uh...nothing?" I chuckled nervously. 

"Nothing my ass. You know you aren't supposed to eat until AFTER surgery." I pouted at him. Hoping he'd let me eat something. "I already told you that shit don't work on me. Drink water to ward off the hunger."

"Fine," I huffed grabbing a bottle of water. This'll just have to do for now. "Because you guys are starving me I expect a buffet after surgery."

"Oh yeah?" he raised his brow. "So is the doctor paying for this? Since it was his orders to keep you from eating before surgery."

"Nope. You guys will," I smirked. 

"Is that a fact?"

"Yup."

"Let's go!" Dee yelled.

"We're coming!" I yelled back wobbling out of the kitchen. "Come on Royal, mother is calling."

"Actually," he said rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "I got some business to handle right quick so y'all go on without me."

I huffed and nodded. I can't get mad. He already changed his entire plans to be here so I can't be completely selfish. As long as I get to see him there supporting me I guess I'll be fine. "I'll see you there then." I wobbled towards Dee and we both headed to the hospital. I was nervous the entire drive there. I got a text from Vickie wishing me good luck and promising to Facetime later. She still has an exam to take which is the only reason she isn't here with me as well.

"About time y'all got here," Tre said. Everyone else beat us to the hospital. "How the hell you gonna be late to your own surgery?"

"Don't ask me. Ask his driving Miss Daisy ass."

"You thought I was going to speed with my son in your belly? You got me fucked up," Dee looked at me crazy. I waved him off. 

"There's no guarantee the baby is yours so you shouldn't claim him just yet," Jada said with an attitude. 

"Don't start your shit today with me Jada," Dee said glaring at her. 

"Chill the fuck out Jada," Shaq said. 

"I'm just saying," she played with her nails. "Instead of getting his hopes up we should just keep it real. Letting him claim a baby that may be another man's is cruel. I'm just being real."

"You're being a real bitch so you need to chill," Mae said. "Anyways, you ready? I know you're nervous but we'll be here the entire time."

"Yeah," I said nervously. "Thanks for being here guys. I'm guessing Royal won't make it to see me off. I guess I'll see him after surgery."

"Royal? But he's-" Tre grunted when Mae elbowed his side giving him a look.

"He's what?" I looked between them suspiciously.

"He's...stuck in traffic," Mae muttered. "So it may be a while. I heard there was an accident somewhere."

"Oh?" That sounded like complete bullshit but I didn't have time to drill into them for the truth. The doctors came and prepped me for surgery. Pretty soon I was off. Before I nodded off I prayed for a successful surgery. 

Maelynn POV 

*

"So why do I get the feeling you didn't tell Shani?" Tre said scolding me. 

"Tell Shani what?" Dee asked. "And where's Royal? He was at the house when we left."

"Uhm," I muttered. "He should be boarding his plane now."

"Plane? Where is he going?" Shaq asked. 

"For real. I thought he told Shani he'd stay for her surgery?" Jada asked. 

"Well you see-uh? I can't tell you," I whined. "I wasn't even supposed to tell Tre. Savion-"

"He went to Miami," Tre said.

"Tre!" I hit him. 

"What? They were going to figure it out eventually. And we have to do damage control before he comes back to a huge mess. It's going to hurt Shani so we have to prepare her for that."

"Hurt her?" Dee said. "I'm confused. What's going on?"

I sighed. "We all know Shani likes Savion right? Well, it's safe to say the feelings aren't mutual."

"What?"

"Apparently, business meetings aren't the only reason he keeps going to Miami," Tre said. "Royal met somebody and they were the real reason he's not going to be here. Mae talked him into going to be with them instead of being here."

"Damn," Shaq said. "At least he's got someone."

"Why would you do that?" Jada said looking at me crazy. "You told him to forget Shani and go off with some hoochie we don't know?"

I mirrored her look. "No. I told him to put his happiness first. I know my brother and I know he wouldn't fall for a 'hoochie'."

"So you couldn't have told him to wait until AFTER her surgery? He basically chose a stranger over Shani."

"He made a promise and the surgery was going to take to long. He would've missed his chance. And what exactly is Shani supposed to be to him? She's his friend at most. I get you don't want her to worry but what's done is done. I'm not going to regret telling him to follow his heart."

She scuffed. "Yeah sure. Y'all are just damn selfish."

"Excuse me?" 

"Y'all calm-"

"You heard me. We all knew how she feels about Royal, even he does. And he still left knowing it's going to hurt her and she can't afford unnecessary stress. It's fucking selfish to leave for some random ass girl that might not even be worth it."

"Jada!" Shaq snapped. "Chill the fuck out man. You're pissing everybody off right now. That's his fucking life not yours! Royal is a grown ass man and Shani's a big fucking girl who can take care of herself. It's not his job to put his life on hold for her."

"I'm just being a real damn friend and worrying about her. Y'all didn't want her with him anyway. Y'all are more loyal to the dipshit that put her in here than her."

"What the fuck?" Dee looked at her angrily. "Seriously, what the fuck is your problem with me? I know what I did was fucked up but you're acting like I did that shit to you. I'm fucking sorry and everyone except you is moving on."

"If you were really sorry you wouldn't have done it in the first place. The only reason you're 'sorry' is because Shani doesn't want shit to do with you."

"That's it," Shaq got up and snatched Jada with him. "We're gonna go back to the crib and have a LONG talk about this. We'll try to be back before she gets out of surgery."

"Get the fuck off of me Shaq!" He dragged her out of the building and out of sight. 

Tre sighed. "I think we're about to get hit with a storm of drama and bullshit."

"Me too," I said leaning back. And I'm pretty sure I'll be right in the center of it. 

Tell me what you all think. Hope you enjoy it!