Chapter 39

Shanice POV 

*

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Royal. It's been a week and I'm finally released from the hospital. Me and Mae made up shortly after Royal left to talk to his girlfriend. She was mad that I was the first one to talk to her but she's over it now. "What if you want to move back?"

"I can just buy another house," he shrugged. "Place is too big for me anyway."

"No one told you to buy a four bedroom house in the first place," Mae fussed. 

"Shut up girl. Y'all need a six bedroom house."

"Ooh there's one right next door," I wobbled to Mae and rubbed her belly. "That way both our babies can grow up together and be best friends."

"Stop touching me," she pushed my hand away. "I'm not even showing yet. And the baby isn't even a baby baby right now." Yup. Mae is pregnant! About three weeks along. I was waiting for the day she'd get pregnant finally. "And Tre already said we would probably move in this neighborhood so it's likely we'll live right next to each other."

"Yay!" I cheered dipping my Ritz cracker into the yogurt. 

"Let me try some," Mae asked. 

"Y'all nasty as hell," Dee scrunched his face up at us. 

"No it's good," I said. 

"You shouldn't even be eating that shit. Ain't the doctor said watch what you eat?"

"I am. They're both healthy." He muttered something under his breath as he walked away. 

"So," Mae sat down on the sofa. "You really gonna live in this big ass house by yourself?"

"I guess so," I said sitting down. "Dee said he'll stay for the duration of summer to help out but I think that's only if the baby turns out to be his. I'm mentally preparing myself for the possibility that I'd have to do this on my own."

"Stop being negative and shit Shani," Dee called out. "I already told your stubborn ass no matter what I was going to be here."

"Period," Vickie said coming into the room. "Hey bitch! You missed me?!"

"Yes I did," I hugged her. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to be with my bestest bitch! And my momma was working my last nerves so I'm moving in hoe."

"Well damn," Mae laughed. 

"Right," I chuckled. "You're in luck because there's only one room left. The guys are turning the guest room next to the master into a baby's room for little...oh shit I don't even have a name for the baby," I face palmed myself. 

"Make him a Jr," Vickie shrugged. I looked at her like she was crazy. "Dee doesn't care who's baby it's for right? Name the baby after him."

"No," I said. "I'll give the baby his last name if it's his but I don't want my baby to be a Jr. That's just kind of cliche to me."

"Okay so what do you want the name to start with?" Mae asked. She grabbed a piece of paper and pen. "Let's do it like this." She wrote Dee's name on one side and Grant's name on the other. "Once the baby is born we'd have to figure out who's the father and based on the results we'll name him according to that okay?"

"Alright." I mugged Vickie as she stole some of my crackers. "If Dee's the daddy I'd want the baby's name to start with a 'D' at least since I'm not going to give him a Jr. And if Grant's the father an 'S' I guess for me."

"I vote 'V' for Vickie since I'll be the baby daddy either way."

"Girl," I rolled my eyes. "Let's get to it."