Chapter 2 Old Friends

Luke POV

I don't understand why all the girls here seem drawn to me. I'm standing in line waiting for lunch and can feel the girls watching me and feel really awkward. I feel my phone buzz and check to see who it is, when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"I expected you to jump slightly," Michael says while looking over my shoulder to read whatever is on my phone. 

"I knew it was you, and stop that." 

"I read all your texts." He says casually.

 "How?"

 "I know your passcode, it's been the same for years." I sigh and read the text from my mom and text her back. "How has class been going?"

 "College is stressful." 

"Agree but you'll be fine, your smart." He says.

"That's what everyone says," I grumble. 

"Are you busy tonight? Ashton's having a kickback at his and Calum's apartment if you want to go."

 "What time?" 

"Eh seven?" "I'm down." I hear my name called and get my lunch and open the box to eat one of my curly fries because I'm starving. "Share?" I glance over at Michael and sigh. 

"Your puppy eyes are way too cute." I say and give him a hand full of fries. 

"Are you waiting for food?" I ask. "Yeah, meet you at the booths right outside?" 

"Ok." I open my backpack and look around for my student id and groan when my hand reaches something that feels like my card. I pull the lanyard it's attached to up with some effort before pulling my card out. Note to self, clean out backpack.

I get home and call Piper asking if she wants to hang out tonight. I wait for her to pick up as I search for something to wear.

"Hi."

"Hey, how are you?"

"Good just left the library."  I can hear the wind blowing through the phone. "Oh, I was wondering are you busy tonight?"

"Just doing homework, and binge-watching some Buzzfeed Unsolved why?" 

"You want to go with me over Ashton and Calum's? It would be just us and Michael if you wanted I know we all haven't hung out in a while so.." She's quite which is making me nervous. 

"Sure, let me get home and change, what's the dress code?"

"There isn't one? I mean it's super casual"

"Ok well let me get home and change, you have my address right?" I pull my phone away from my ear and look at her contact before putting the phone back to my ear. 

"Nope can you text it to me?"

"Sure I'll send it... now ok you should have it."

"Great thanks, I'll pick you up at like six-thirty, we're going to their place at seven so that should give us time to get there."

"Perfect see you then."

"You too bye." I hang up and look at the text and try to figure out where her apartment is and figure  I should just type it in my maps.

Piper POV

I shouldn't worry about looking good Luke and I have been friends since we were in middle school, so why am I stressing? I shrug it off and pull on my go-to outfit of all black. "What band tee?" I muse I pull out a Twenty- One Pilots shirt and get my purse and check my phone to see a text from Luke saying he's here. I shut off my lights and shut the door of my room behind me.