Chapter 10 Why do people think were dating?

Piper POV

"You two are a cute couple."

"Oh my gosh how long have you two been together?"

To all the kids on campus who see Luke and I together let me tell you something, "We. Are. Not. Dating. We. Are. Just. Friends. I'm in line for my usual iced coffee before going to the class when I feel a tap on my shoulder. "I know you hate when people touch you, sorry." He apologizes I turn around. 

"Hey."

" Hey, getting your usual?" Luke asks. 

"Which is?"  I raise an eyebrow. "An iced white mocha?" 

"Damn your good, the curls are looking good today, wait are you wearing glitter on your eyes?" I try to get a closer look and notice he's blushing. "Yeah does it look okay?" He asks nervously. "Your turning into aesthetic Tumblr before my eyes!" He laughs and smiles. "Thanks, are you wearing my flannel?" I look down at the red flannel I'm wearing. "Yeah I was running late to class, couldn't find my own so thanks, you want it back?" 

"No, it's okay," I order my drink and wait for Luke to walk over. "I'll be home a little later tonight." He says. "Why?" 

"I have a review session to go to." He says sounding annoyed. 

"Oh for what class?"  I stir my drink before taking a sip. 

"One for my major." He says right as his name is called. I check the time on my phone and nod, "I'll be on time. "I should get going but I'll probably be home at around 6."

"Great we can make dinner, it will make me feel like I'm adulting," I say. He smiles and takes a sip of his drink. "Sounds good see you tonight." He gives me a brief hug and leaves. 

------------

"Honey I'm home!" I roll my eyes as I watch him walk in. "How was the review session?" I ask. 

"Boring and long."  He complains. 

"But not too awful?"

 "No, but I'm nervous about that exam." He says. "What do you want for dinner?" I ask as Luke sets his backpack down before walking into the kitchen. "Um... what do you have the taste for? Tacos, but like how Chipotle makes them, I got cilantro for the rice that just has to be chopped up, I also got chicken."

 "Look at you, grocery shopping, when did you go anyway? "I went when you had that psychology exam yesterday." 

"Right that." 

"Do you think you did well?" 

"Um... let's not talk about it, can you hand me the cutting board?" 

"What's the magic word?" I say waiting for him to say it. "Please?" I hand it over and open a can of beans and dump them into a pot before I start cooking the rice. 

"Is that cilantro chopped?" 

"Yes?"

 "Put it in the cooking rice. 

"Want me to cut the chicken too?" "I don't trust myself cutting sharp knives, I may cut my fingers. "Stop poking my with the spatula," Luke says looking over at me as I poke him again in the ribs before stopping. "You're such a kid." "Me?" I walk away only before knocking the back of his knees and watching him almost collapse. "Fuck you, Piper." He laughs. "I got joy in that." "You're an ass." He says. 

"The beans are done." 

"Can we put bacon in them?" "Sure." I open the fridge and take out a pack of bacon and cook it. "I'm a good chef huh?" 

"Sure." I roll my eyes as the rice cooker dings. "Where do I put this chicken?" 

"Just on a plate, now we wait for the beans to be done," I say. "So five more minutes?" 

"You're hungry like usual?" "I mean school makes me hungry. "Makes me tired but whatever." I shrug and go sit on the couch.

Sitting on the couch eating taco's and doing our nightly routine of watching Netflix. "Can we watch Captain America?" I ask. "You just love Chris Evans." Luke scoffs. "I mean yeah." I take a bite of taco and play the movie. An hour in Luke falls asleep in my lap and I try to move but it's useless. I admit I love it when he falls asleep on me and I mess with his hair because it calms me but we would never date, were strictly friends and I'm not looking to date anyone either. I reach for my laptop but no it's no use, so I just watch the rest of the movie before nudging him awake. "What?"  He murmurs sleepily. "You fell asleep during the movie." 

"Oh, your lap is comfy."  He says right as his phone buzzes.

"I have to do homework," I whine. "What kind?" "Some math which is great since you're a math whiz." I wink. "Yeah let me wake up first." He mumbles sitting up and rubbing his hands over his face vigorously.  I finish my homework before going to bed so I'm not dead for my early morning class. "Why do you hog the whole bed?" I whine. "I'm bigger than you that's why." He says. "You have your own room why do you always sleep with me?" I ask. "I don't like sleeping alone." He admits. "So it's not because of the so-called ghost you say is in there?" He rolls his eyes. "I mean partly  crap falls off my dresser in the middle of the night all the time."

"Ghost's aren't real." I fuss. 

"Sure Pip."

"When you get a girlfriend how are we going to explain this?"

"I'll start sleeping in my own bed but till then, night pipsqueak." I smile at the nickname and try to fall asleep.