Chapter 32 Shit Happens

Luke POV

I don't enjoy driving to campus in the snow, but it was that or wait for the bus in the snow so driving it is.  Why didn't I drop my early morning class? Which is a thought I have every Tuesday morning. The traffic to campus creeps along so I take the opportunity to take a drink of coffee and think over what classes I have today. The line of cars to make the left turn onto campus is growing and I'll probably be able to make it on the yellow ( something I hate to do) Twenty minutes later I finally pull into the parking lot and text Piper back and see a text from Michael and reply back before getting out of my car.

"Fuck it's cold why did I move here?" I mumble and begin the walk cross-campus to my lecture.

"You look so grumpy." Michael laughs as I enter the coffee shop. "I don't like snow."

"What do you mean don't like it? You loved it when you moved here."

"I've been here long enough to hate it, plus I don't like driving when it's snowing.

"Did Piper ride with you at least?"

"No she has class at eleven so she slept in." I pout.

"Oh cheer up it's no the end of the world, anyway I was wondering do you two want to get dinner tonight?" He asks as we get in line.

"Sure were at?" I ask reading over the menu.

"I'll ask Ashton, and I'll text you. Why are you reading the coffee menu you come here every day of the school year." Michael observes.

"Habit." I reply before placing my order.

I walk into my creative writing class and can feel the familiar shyness from my teenage years come back as we begin ice breaker games, that and every girl in the room swooning over me. Luckily class is over soon and I'm speed walking to my next class when I feel someone pull on my backpack. I turn around annoyed when I hear a familiar voice.

"I can see you in a crowd of people you're that tall." Piper laughs.

"Everyone tells me that," 

"You were mad pulled on your backpack huh?" She says walking next to me.

"I didn't say that."

"But you thought it, how's' your day going?"

"Alright, I'm the shy kid in my classes all over again." I shrug as I glance around making sure I won't get hit by a bike as I cross Norlin Quad. She frowns slightly. "When do you have a break? We can get some food."

"I have a break at like noon to like two so just text me."

"Will do." She squeezes my hand. I unexpectedly kiss her and feel my own cheeks getting red as she pulls away. "Thanks for that, see you for lunch." I walk into my next class feeling a little better after running into Piper.

"So how many of you are Speech Hearing Science majors?" The professor asks, half the hands in the room go up. "Okay linguistics majors?" More hands. I look around and notice I'm one out of maybe ten guys in the room and also not a major.

"So the rest of you why did you pick this class? Uh you with the Blink 182 shirt?" I look around and realize she means me.

"I um-"

"What's your name and your year." She says. I turn and see the lecture hall is pretty full and my anxiety spikes.

"I'm... Luke and I'm a junior and I thought the class was interesting." I can feel my hands sweating as I hastily wipe them on my jeans hoping no one near me will notice.