Chapter 21 Friends

Luke POV

Hey, are you coming to my party tonight? I curse and look at the date and groan.

That's tonight?

Yes? Did you tell your friends right?

I did, and they plan on comming

Great!

I was wondering can Piper come? We usually go to parties together she's like my wing woman.

I planed this party to meet your other friends, leave Piper out of this one okay?

I look at my phone my fingers hovering over the keyboard.

Her not inviting Piper is a stupid reason not to go. I take a deep breath and text her back before going in my closet to find something to wear when I hear Piper walk in.

" Getting ready for Annabelle's party?" I nod turning to face her. "Yeah, I don't know I feel weird about you not going." She raises an eyebrow. "I haven't gone to any of the other parties you two have gone to."

"I know..."

" Just relax okay? Tonight will be fun." She assures me. I close the door to my closet and let out a deep breath and begin pacing my room. Piper watches me with concern while I try to figure out why I am freaking out about this when it shouldn't be a big deal.

"Luke, what's wrong?" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by her voice.

"What?"

"I was asking your what's wrong, cause you look so nervous." She gives me a concerned look. "During our date, last week she talked about me not being masculine enough, said the glitter I sometimes wear makes me look gay... I'm starting to think your right and that she is just using me. She peer pressured me into drinking too, you know how I don't drink on school nights. "That explains why you seemed a little... off." She says. "I love her but... I need her to respect my boundaries on stuff." "Also the girl is high maintenance," Piper replies sitting on my bed. "I should go, right? This party isn't technically for me and I can say I was busy but that's lying and I'm bad at that so..." The sound of my phone ringing makes me jump slightly as I get it off my bed and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey what time is this party tonight?"

"Hey Ash and seven, um is Calum coming with?"

"Yeah, Michael were not sure cause he said he had a lot of homework to do." I nod looking at myself in the mirror again before deciding I look fine. "Ok, you want to all drive over together?" I ask. "I'm actually out right now and am going home to shower and was going to meet you there if that's okay." I want to curse under my breath but just say ok.

"You sound stressed."

"My last date didn't go well but maybe this will go better her meeting you guys." I try to sound excited but just sound a bit sad instead. "Stay positive, I got to go but see you tonight." I hang up and glance around my room one last time before getting my keys., "I'll be here if you need me." Piper says getting off my bed.

"Thanks, I won't be out late," I reply opening the door. "Please don't be drunk okay?"

"I won't." I shut the door behind me and go down the stairs and get in my car. I turn the music up loud and let my mind wander a little. I stop by the store and get Annabelle some flowers, a few minutes later I arrive at her apartment and take some deep breaths to calm myself down. I get out of the car and walk inside. I knock on the door of her apartment and wait for the door to open while listening to the music booming from behind it and the sounds of people talking.