Chapter 24 NYE

Piper POV

I unlock the door to the apartment and cut on the lights. What girl spends new years eve alone? I guess me because I don't feel like sitting at my parent's house watching the ball drop on Tv. I cut on the fireplace and watch Home Alone while I wait for my frozen pizza to cook( wow I sound pathetic) I pick up my phone and send Luke a text. He won't be back until later this week and I miss him so much. My phone buzzes and I perk up thinking it's him but frown when I see it's Nick calling. I groan before faking a happy voice and answering.

" Hello?"

"You want to go to a New Years Eve party with me tonight?" Nick asks. I go back and forth but decide I should be social for once. "Sure let me get ready." I get off my couch and go to my room and look through my closet. I find some jeans and a sweater that I tug on. I don't even care about looking cute, I probably won't even stay long but at least I'm getting out of the house. I type the address in my maps and shut off the tv. "This will be fun." I whisper to myself despite rolling my eyes as I get my purse and keys and head out the door. "Piper! Happy almost new year" Nick says kissing me. "Hey." I shut the door to my car and look up at the house. "How have you been? I haven't seen you in forever." He says walking up to the door. "I've been good saw my family over Christmas."

"Wheres your other half?" He asks. "Why are you so mad about us being friends?" I say. He shakes his head as we go inside. "Want a drink?" I shrug and follow him through the house and he finds a friend to talk to. He hands me a beer and leans against the wall, "I don't drink." I say handing it back to him. He raises an eyebrow. "What since when do you not drink Piper?"

"I don't drink at parties, I only drink at home."

"With Luke?"

"Yeah cause he's my best friend and cares about me as for you... I glance at him before rolling my eyes, "I'm not so sure." I snap. He glares at me and takes the beer shoving it back in the fridge that he slams shut.

"I'll get my own drink."

"Good." He quips. I roll my eyes and get a soda from the cooler. I look at the cocky smirk across his face now and I'm slowly liking him less and less. "Oh, Declan! Hey man, how are you?" He says to the brunette who walks in the kitchen. I watch the two of them converse and how Nick barley acknowledges I'm there.

I go into the main room and watch some people play beer pong figuring he'll find me when he feels like it. I'm by myself for thirty minutes before I go back into the kitchen and see Nick and Declan are gone. Curious I go upstairs trying to find Nick when I see him in the room down the hall. I inch closer and see they're making out. I gasp quietly before racing down the stairs and out the door. I get to my car and let out the breath I was holding. I drive home in silence trying to figure out what I'm feeling right now, but I settle on pissed off.

________

"Happy New Year!" I smile and lean back on my couch. "You too it's not midnight here though," I reply. "Oh.. well I'll be home on Tuesday, I can't wait to see you," Luke says. "You miss me?" I ask he laughs. "Absolutely! Oh, my parents say hi by the way and are wondering when you'll be out here."
"This summer?" I reaching for some pizza. "You got a pizza?" He asks surprised,"From our freezer and it's not that great." I frown at the slice and set it down. "Are you good? You seem sad." He says looking concerned. "It's nothing." I lie, but I know he sees through it. "
"Well.. he looks at something off-screen and nods at what someone is saying. "I should go some friends of mine are going to the bar." He says. "Okay be safe." I blurt out.

"I will see you soon babe." I smile at him calling me babe even if I know it's not for real. "Can't wait." I smile. He blows me a kiss before ending the call. I sigh I like him theirs no denying it. But after tonight Nick and I are over so what's the problem... oh right." I watch a few more movies before falling asleep on the couch.