Chapter 11 Dog Sitting

Things will be better I said to myself, I'm not with Amanda anymore I actually like going home, so why do I feel like crying? This reminds me of freshman year when I isolated myself from my three friends and my mental health was declining rapidly. I press my back against the wall and try to hold the tears in. I feel like life is weighing heavy on my shoulders aI hear the door unlocking. I must be ugly crying loudly when the door opens. I feel a dip in the bed. "What happened? Why are you crying? He asks concerned.

"I don't know what's wrong with me Luke! I don't fit in here and I can't seem to make friends no matter how hard I try." I sob. He's quite his arm around my shoulders. "I don't tell people about what's going on in my head because they would never understand." I wipe the tears off my cheeks. "You can tell me anything, when did things get bad? Freshman and sophomore year of high school really but I'm a good liar and why would I worry people about this anyway?" "I would have been there for you." He sounds sad. "I feel like dropping out of school, I have no motivation," I mumble putting my face in my hands. "Did you go to class today?" Luke questions. "Two classes, I literally forgot where my next class was and panicked..."

"What? Your hands are covering your mouth." He says moving closer to me. "I said I went to two classes and forgot where my next class was cause I was having an anxiety attack... I think so I came back here and have been crying for perhaps an hour." I say and uncover my face. "Well if it makes you feel any better I don't think I should be a doctor, music is my thing but I can't get a career out of it, so here I am at college."

"That doesn't make me feel better," I say biting my lip. He gives my shoulder a squeeze. "But you will find a major your passionate about when I have no idea." I sniffle as he holds me close. "Thanks for the support." He says I lay on his shoulder. "Want to watch a movie?"

"No." I pout just as his phone rings. "Hello?" He nods to whatever the person on the other line is saying and smiles. "We'll be right there." "We?" I question as he hangs up. "It was Calum him and Ash are going to be out of town next week and were wondering if we wanted to watch the puppy while they're gone." He smiles at his. My eyes widen. "We can watch him?!" "Yeah! I said we'd be right over so we can learn what we're doing." He says. "Ok let me clean my face up so it doesn't look like I've been crying for hours." I go into the bathroom and grip the sink and look at myself in the mirror. I take a deep breath and wipe the tears off my cheeks and try to put myself back together.

"Better?" Luke asks as I enter the living room. I nod walking into his outstretched arms. "I'm always here." He murmurs hugging me tightly his chin rests on the top of my head. "We should go." "Hang on." He says squeezing me a little tighter. I roll my eyes and let out a deep breath. "Ok were good." He says letting go." I pull on the handle of the car door waiting for him to unlock it.

"Sorry should be unlocked now." I open the door and get in.

"You want to listen to music?"

"No thanks."

"Not even One Direction?" Luke looks over at me and smiles but I shake my head as we pull out of the parking lot. "Well seeing Ash and Cal should cheer you up." He says. "Uh huh." I say softly." "You were so excited about this five minutes ago." He says glancing over at me"I'm just stressed about school, I can't turn my sad girl switch off that quickly but by the time were there I'll be fine." I explain and slide my sunglasses on. "Ok." He says turning up the radio a little. I look out the window at the passing scenery.

I knock on the door and look down the hall.

"So where are you two going?"

"California for the weekend," Calum says turning down the volume on the tv.