Chapter 5 Moving

Piper POV

Four hours. That's how long I have been at this wretched apartment filling out paperwork to be released from my rent. All my things are in my car. I took up Luke's offer to move in because I cannot live with Amanda any longer.

My first night here and I just got out the shower when I see a spider on the mirror and it's giant. "LUKE!" "What oh my gosh you're naked!" I look to see my towel slipped as I hastily pull it back up and frantically point to the spider. "What the fuck do you want me to do about it? I'm not touching it with a barrage pole." "You're the guy here!" I yell. I watch him leave and put on my clothes and stand back watching the spider moving down the string of web that is attached to the ceiling. I look around and find the broom I  pick it up using the handle to knock it off the web ( which works) but it falls on the mirror eliciting a scream from me where I begin hitting it like crazy. It falls dead into the sink. " Piper what.. "I follow Luke's gaze to a very large crack in the mirror. "I killed it hooray." He groans. "I owe you a mirror, got it. How about we watch some Netflix?" "I did start Stranger Things." He says half smiling. "A man after my own heart. I put my hair in two braids. "Why are you braiding your braids?" Luke asks. "Helps them dry faster, I just washed my hair and they stay damp for a while so..." "I'm going to learn a lot about black beauty huh?" "Oh yes you will." I say and wink. He sighs and walks in the bathroom and starts braiding the second one. "Thank." "Rubber bands are in the top drawer." I open the drawer and pull out two clear rubber bands. "Why are these so small." "Cause of these." He smiles showing off his braces that I've never noticed until now. "You still have braces?" "Yes." I get an eye roll after his reply. "When do you get them off? "Who knows but I'd like them off already."

 We cuddle up on the couch eating the cake we got on the way from my apartment. "Have you watched this show before? "Only episode three." Perfect we'll start there. I lay my head on his shoulder "Your hair is wet." He whines. "Deal with it." I watch the show intently and hide my face in Luke's shoulder when it gets too intense making him laugh. "You get scared too easily." He giggles. "Me? Who literally pissed themselves in a haunted house when we were fifteen?" I look up and see him blushing furiously and smile proudly knowing that I won this time. "Only because the clowns pick on me because I'm tall." He pouts "Okay tough guy." I laugh just as I jump and the cake slides off my lap and on to the floor. "I stand corrected." He says. "I'll clean this up."

"Want me to pause it?"

"Nah I'm right here." I  get off the couch and clean up the mess of cake from the carpet. "Wish we could have finished it," Luke whines as I go to throw it away. "We can always get more don't worry,"  I say throwing the last of it in the trash.  I sit next to him and resume my position as we binge watch half the season. "I should get to sleep," He yawns. "Me too and  thanks for letting me live here." 

"Of course  I like having the company."  He says resting his head on my shoulder. "Do you still hate being touched?" 

"By strangers," I say. "Ok good."  We flip through channels lazily. "Stop."

"What?"

"The Food Network I wanna watch that." Luke sighs loudly but sets the remote down.  We watch TV for most of the night while chatting between episodes. "Are you going to sleep on the couch again?"

"I don't have a bed so..."

"What do you mean you don't have a bed?" Luke asks curiously. "Well my place came furnished."

"Oh... so what are you going to do?"

"Go down to Denver and get the extra bed in my basement but that's work..." I huff and look up Ikea's website. "Ikea has beds!  I cheer. "Thank god." Luke sighs. "You can sleep with me if you want." He says softly. " You sure? Don't you have class tomorrow?"

"Piper today's Friday." He points out. "Ohhh I'm dumb."  "So yeah?"

"Sure." 

I crawl into bed and pull the covers up and feel Luke cuddling into me. "Luke your not a little spoon!" I complain. He turns his head. "Can I be tonight though? No one ever cuddles me!" He complains.  I sigh deeply. "Sure."  I plug in my phone and cut off the lights before getting back into bed.  "Please don't crush me in the night." I say. 

"I'll try, you know I can't control my limbs." He jokes." I get comfortable and shut my eyes willing myself to sleep.