Chapter 6 We Take a Trip to Ikea

Luke POV

"DON'T WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT, ONE NATION CONTROLLED BY THE MEDIA CAN YOU HEAR THE SOUND OF HYSTERIA THE SUBLIMINAL MIND FUCK AMERICA." Piper sings. Were on our way to Ikea to get some furniture. "You have good taste in music." She says. "I do, I remember when we first listened to this album." She says tipping her shades down to look at me. "Our teenage years were great" I reply turning into the parking garage. "I wouldn't say great but sure." He says "What do we have to get again, and I hope it will all fit in my car. "Luke you have a Jeep everything will fit." "Your right." "This place is a maze," I say as we walk in. "I know let's get some things!" I push the cart behind Piper keeping my eyes on here so I don't lose her (which is hard to do as she's only five foot one) "Hey look at this." She looks at a mirror."

"Will it fit the wall?" I asked leaning forward and running my fingers through my hair. "Stop checking yourself out," Piper says kicking me behind the knee almost making me go down. "Yeah, I took the measurements." 

"You want me to lift it?" She gives me a look and lifts up the mirror and sets it in the cart. "Okay you have muscles I get it," I mumble smiling a little. "Onward to bedroom furniture!" She sings we follow the crowd of people. We end up leaving three hours later with a bookshelf, bedroom furniture and a new mirror to fix the cracked one from the night of the spider incident. "Good shopping haul." She says putting on her sunglasses. "Hey, can I drive?" She asks. "My car?" "Yeah, I'd look like a badass behind the wheel." I shut the trunk. "No way," "Why do you think I'm a bad driver?" She raises an eyebrow. "No just... ok maybe a little." He pulls open the passenger's door and gets in the car without another word. "You know I'm right." "I'm not that bad of a driver but fine," she says. I start up the car "Let's go home I'm starving." I reply. "You're always hungry!" Piper complains. "Yeah well, I eat a lot." She sighs. "Were stopping for food on the way home." "Ok."

I open the trunk and look at all the furniture boxes. "How many flights do we have to climb?" Piper asks nervously. "Like three, but we can take the elevator, I don't trust myself carrying this many boxes upstairs." She nods. "You think you can move the box that the desk is in?" She lifts half the box, "Yeah with help, here grabs the other end." I grab the other end of the box and move away from my car. "Ok I'll get the door," I say as we waddle to the front door of the complex. I can hear Piper grunting while holding the other end of the box. I back in through the doors and hit the elevator button with my back. "Is your car still unlocked?"

"Yes let's hope no one takes our stuff." She groans in response as we back int the elevator. "What floor?"

"Three."

"Do you know how to put this together?" I ask looking at the instructions. "Do you have screwdrivers?" Piper asks opening the box to the new mirror for the bathroom. "Yeah in the kitchen drawer. Piper returns handing me the tools and looks a the instructions. "Hmm... you want to help me put up the mirror? it's probably easier than that.

"Is it straight?"

"Um... she moves back to examine the mirror and nods. "Yeah, you can hang it." I hang up the mirror and step back and stand next to her to look at it. "Sorry about breaking your other one." "It's fine if I saw a spider on it I would have done the same thing." "Ready to put together your desk?" She nods. "Although.. shouldn't we set up my bed?"

"Right." I look at the mattress leaned against the couch. "So we need to put together the part where the bed fits into... what's the name of that?" Piper shrugs and begins lugging the box into her room. "Do you want the mattress too?"

"Not yet."  I shrug and get a drink from the kitchen.

"You put that together fast." I marvel as she leaves. "What are you doing now?"