Chapter 33 Vacation

Luke POV

I will admit that I'm a bit too meticulous when it comes to packing for trips. I'm always at the airport super early and I'm freaking out until I get on the plane, I think I picked it up from my dad but I'm not too sure, and this morning is one of those mornings.

I check the itinerary to make sure all our flights are on time and sigh with relief seeing the green checkmark next to each of them. I shut my laptop and slide it in its sleeve and stick it in my backpack along with my charger.  I'm flying home today with Piper and I'm excited and a bit nervous since this is the first time I've brought a girl home since high school granted different situation but that doesn't settle my nerves. Shaking away my worry I get in the shower knowing it will be the only one I take for a good three days.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of Piper's alarm going off followed by her groaning in protest making me chuckle to myself as I quietly push the door open.

"What time is it? She mumbles
"Five, we have a flight to catch remember?" She tilts her head so she can look at me before cocooning her way back into her blankets. 

"Flight where? It's the middle of December." She asks her voice muffled by the number of blankets wrapped around her. I walk into her room and sit on the empty side of the bed.

"We leave for Australia today."  She opens one eye lazily and raises an eyebrow.

"That's today?" She mumbles as she pulls one arm out of the mound of blankets to get her phone off her nightstand.  "Now get up we gotta leave for the airport in an hour, and you know it's far."I drop down on the bed making it move and her squeak with concern. 

"Luke!" She laughs. 

"Told you to get up."  She moves so that her head is sticking out.
"You want to unswaddle yourself now?" She begrudgingly agrees and rolls her way out of her blankets. 

"This will be so fun." She murmurs. I nod and kiss her forehead which gets a smile in return.

"I made you coffee, is that enough to get you out of bed?" I push she nods and sits up. 

"Meet you in the kitchen cutie." She says making me blush. 

I go into the kitchen to make myself breakfast. I get two eggs from the fridge and cautiously break them into a bowl. I look at the stove then the microwave and get an idea.  I get a mug down from the cabinet and dumps the contents of the bowl into the mug and add a generous amount of pepper (which might hurt later) and put it in the microwave.  

"You look cute," I reply as Piper walks into the kitchen. 

"Thanks, just jeans and a hoodie airport me looks awful."  She jokes. 

 "Oh also I was thinking of vlogging this trip, so maybe we could vlog right now."

"Since when do you vlog?" I question raising an eyebrow. 

"Right now." She says, getting her phone out of her pocket. I catch a glimpse of her lock screen and smile seeing its me. I slide her mug of coffee down the counter to where she's sitting. 

"Thanks."

"It's sweetened how you like it."

"You notice how I like my coffee?" She questions. 

"Yeah I notice a lot of things about you." I say.  She smiles and gets her phone out, I cautiously watch the microwave. 

"Hey Luke, what are you microwaving?"  She asks nervously

"Eggs." I reply nonchalantly she furrows her eyebrows.

"We have a stove though."  She points to the stove under the microwave.