Chapter 17 Girlfriend

Luke POV

I've been hiding a big secret from Piper and I don't know how she'll react. "I have to tell you something," I say nervously. She nods turning her attention away from the tv. "What is it?"

"I um.. you know what party we went to?"

"Where you got wasted?" I nod shuddering at the memory. "The girl who's number I got um texted me, and we've been talking and um.. I'm going on a date with her Saturday." Piper's eyebrows go up. "How long have you been talking? Since the party? I nod weakly. "Luke you could have told me!" She says. "I.. I know I was just afraid but then you started dating Nick so we're both taken so I figured it wasn't a big deal," I say but the words feel wrong. "That doesn't mean anything you could have told me." She repeats.. "So... who's the girl?"

"Her name is Annabelle."
"So what's she like?
"Um."
"You must know what's she's like right?"
"She's nice"
"A kindergartener could have told me that Luke." She says crossing her arms. "You're mad." No, I'm not I just... not ready for you to be with someone." "I don't like you with Nick but I stay quiet about it." She bites her lip. "I know but.. will she come between us? Girls get jealous and-"

"No way your my wing woman remember?" I smile a little. "Your right." Piper turns back to the tv. "You want to order pizza or something, on me."

" Anything but pizza I eat way too much of it." She says but I can hear a touch of sadness in her voice. "I know I should have said something a while ago but.."

"It's fine, I just can't believe your dating the girl whose number you got while you were wasted." She says a hint of bitterness in her voice. "Yeah, me either but I'm so outgoing when I'm drunk right?" I say. "Yeah and talkative." she rolls her eyes. "Yep sorry about that." I grab my laptop off the table and look through the pizza menu. "Can we eat our pizza up on the roof?"

"Yeah, that's a great idea."