Chapter 28 We Go Clubbing

Luke POV

"Pip?"

"Yeah?"

"Calum's birthday party is this Saturday, you want to go?"

"Our first  event as a couple." She says half smiling. I raise an eyebrow confused,"Aren't we still on the trial run?" I ask. 

"Yeah that ended last week and I want us to date for real." She grips my hand tightly as we walk into our usual coffee shop. "I like that idea." 

"Piper!" We turn to see Amanda who has a sickly sweet smile plastered across her face. "Hi," Piper say curtly. She looks over at me her expression skeptical. "I thought you were with Annabelle?" 

"We broke up," I say quickly. "So you're with her?" She looks over at Piper who's quiet. "Yeah, Piper's my girlfriend now, problem?" I challenge.  "What a downgrade," Amanda says and walks away.  "I'm going to get us a table."She whispers leaving my side. I sigh annoyed at Amanda's comment  I  search for Piper and find her at a table in the corner. "Are you okay?" She looks up from her phone and nods. "She's right you know." She says softly.

"About?"

"Me being a downgrade from Annabelle, she was gorgeous and.."

"Your amazing and don't tear me down all the time." I finish. She glances over at me and smiles. 

"Thanks."

"I'll get our drinks." 

  I watch him leave and get out my phone and see a text from my mom asking if Luke and I are together. I bite my lip and unlock my phone my fingers hovering over the keyboard. "One white mocha macchiato," Luke says sliding the cup over to me. I set my phone down. "Thanks." I take a sip. "Something wrong?" Luke asks sitting across from me. "No, I was just about to text my mom about us being together."

"She still doesn't know?"

"No my sister does,  I told her that I would tell her but for some reason I'm nervous?"  I pick up my phone again and look at her contact. "Just text her Pip, I'm sure she won't be mad. "He says. I sigh and pick up my phone and begin typing

Hey, mom, I'm not single anymore!

Oh? Who is he? 

Luke 

Oh! You two are together?

We are now.

Oh, I'm so happy for you too! 

Thanks, I  just wanted to let you know, I should get back to studying 

Of course well when you come home bring Luke so we can all get dinner together 

Ok will do

"See? that wasn't so bad huh?" Luke says as I set my phone down again.  "I know it's just weird to say I'm in a relationship," I replied taking another sip of my coffee. "Did you tell her about Nick?" I shake my head. "No, because I knew we wouldn't work out long enough for her to know about him.   He gets his laptop out of his backpack. "I'm going to do some homework so just tap the screen if you need me okay?"  I nod pulling out my own laptop. I begin typing up my essay for my sociology class and every so often looks over my screen at Luke his face filled with a look of concentration. 

"Stop it."

"What?"

"I can feel you looking at me." He says still typing away. "Only admiring," I reply. He looks up from the screen and smiles. "Admire me in ten minutes? I have a paper to write and parents to make proud."  He looks back at the screen and reads his paper out loud his voice barely audible.  I look at my own essay and frown as I pull out my textbook from my bag and flip to the page that I sticky noted in class. I put my earbuds in and begin typing away enjoying how quiet the coffee shop is. I'm almost done writing when I  see Luke tapping the top of my screen out the corner of my eye.