Chapter 9 Friday

Warning: Infinity War spoilers ( in case anyone hasn't seen it yet) 

Piper POV

I wake up early for class and get dressed and look at my hair in the mirror before pulling my braids into a bun wincing at the weight of them and go make some breakfast. "You're up early," Luke says not looking up from his book. "Yeah figured I should study in the library some before class."

"Guess what comes out today?"

"A new episode of Unsolved?" I ask while I open the freezer and pull out two frozen waffles. He nods enthusiastically. 

"Yep, also do you believe in ghosts?" He asks. I sigh and sit down across from him. "I mean... no." I put my waffles in the toaster and sit across from him at the table. 

"But why? There's so much evidence of them!"

"Yeah, but can a ghost really pick something up and throw it? Now weird energy I get that, also I doubt your room is actually haunted and it's just an excuse to sleep with me." I say his cheeks turn pink as he looks down at his cereal. "I don't mind it though," I reply smiling. as the toaster goes off making me jump. "Are you going to be home after class?" He asks. 

"Not sure but I'll let you know." I get up from the table and ruffle his hair playfully. 

"Have a good day!"

"Thanks you too!" I grab my backpack. "Can I wear your flannel?" I can hear him whine from the kitchen right as my phone chimes and it's a text from him that's just of the thumbs-up emoji. I giggle and go into the living room and find his flannel draped over the armrest of the couch I slide it on along with my backpack and lock the door behind me.

"Are you wearing his flannel?" My friend Sara asks raising her eyebrows surprised. 

"Yeah,  she looks at me eagerly making me sigh "no we're not a thing," I say as she gives me a look. 

"Can I see what the famous Luke looks like?" I shake my head smiling and slide my phone out my pocket to show her a picture. 

"Oh he's cute! is he single?" She questions

 "Yeah but we're just friends."

"Friends with benefits?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"No." I scowl pulling his flannel around me, I catch a whiff of his cologne on it and smile. 

"You like him." She says confidently. 

"Maybe a little but I don't feel like leaving the friend zone, we've been friends since we were like thirteen plus we live together so that would be weird if we broke up or got into a fight." I watch as our professor sets up his computer. 

"True, you doing anything this weekend?" I shake my head as I open a new word document. "You  busy this weekend?" She asks

"I might be, why?" ask my eyes intently on the projector as I type up the slides. "I was thinking of going to the movies with some friends, you can invite Luke if you want." She says. I know she's wiggling her eyebrows. "Were not a thing alright!" I say and a few people look over at me. "Suit your self, you two would be cute together." She says as my professor begins the lecture. 

I get home to find Luke on the couch on his phone. "Hey." I take my backpack off and let it hit the ground with a thud. "How was your day?" I shrug "It was eh." I sit next to him. He sets down his phone and looks at me. "You look upset, you sure everything's fine?" "Just stressed about school, the usual."  My phone dings I glance down and see a text from Sara about going to the movies tonight.