This is more of a comfort thing than a oneshot feel free to ignore

You say in your room, your music blasting through your headphones. Your dad and your sister argued loudly in the background. You could hear your dad drunk-shouting at your sister while "Please Don't Go" by Joel Adams played through your headphones.

It's too loud.

Your ears hurt. Your music was playing too loud, but it was better than listening to your dad drunk-shout at your sister. You didn't want to get involved, despite knowing he was yelling at you as well as her. You just hoped it wouldn't get physical.

It's too loud.

You wanted to leave. You wanted to call someone for them to come get you and your sister out of there, but there wasn't anyone to call. Your mother wasn't awsnering and you doubted your older sister would come get you.

It's too loud.

Why can't he just go to bed? Why can't he just go to bed?

Please just go to bed please just go to bed please just go to bed please just go to bed please just go to bed please just go bed please just go to bed please just go to bed please just go bed please just go to bed please just go to bed

You suddenly felt your phone vibrate and a little notification popped up. It was a text from Lloyd.

Lloyd: Hey Y/n! Just seeing if you haven't gone to bed yet

You hesitated in texting him back. You hated bothering him with your problems, no matter how supportive he was. Even though you knew you didn't need to hide anything from him, even though you knew you could trust him, you still felt like you were doing something wrong or felt like he didn't care, even though he obviously did.

Lloyd: Are you there? The texting bubble thing popped up this disappeared lol

Please come get me please come get me

Lloyd: Y/n? Is something wrong?

Again, you backspaced the message.

Lloyd: Y/n, you're worrying me...

Lloyd: I'm coming over to make sure you're okay. Be there in a few.

....

You heard a tap on your window. You knew it was Lloyd, since he was the only one who ever tapped on your window, but you didn't wanna get out of bed to let him in. Instead, he opened the window himself and let himself in.

"Y/n?"

"Please just go to bed please just go to bed..."

He walked over to you to find you crying into your knees. He heard the fighting outside your door. "Come on, let's get you out of here."

He put his arms around you and picked you up, backwards piggy-back style. You put your arms around his neck and your face into his shoulder, breathing heavy, trying to stop yourself from crying. You two left the house on his dragon and back to the bounty.

As soon as you were on the bounty, he carried you to his room and set you on his bed. He laid down and you laid down with him, your face still buried in his shoulder.

"Shh, Y/n. I know you're scared. I'm here now. You're safe."

"Why cant he just go to bed..."

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay. You're safe now. I'm here, I'm here. It's okay. Shh.." He coos. He rubs your back, and pets your hair.

"Jeez, when was the last time you washed your hair? Haha..."

You sniffled and start panting lightly.

He pulled you closer to him. "It's okay, I'm here, I'm here. No ones gonna hurt you now. There's no more yelling. It's okay, you're safe now."

"When will it ever end..." You say, biting your lip and letting out little squeaks.

"This isn't gonna last forever. You'll gonna get out of there. It's going to get better, you'll see. It's going to be alright. It's gonna be okay, Shh..."

"I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry..."

"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry for. It's okay, it's okay, it's Alright. Its going to be okay. It's going to get better. It's okay."

He started to gently rock you and hum. You couldn't tell what he was humming, but you didn't care. You just wanted to go to sleep.

Pretty soon, you were fast asleep. Lloyd's shoulder was practically soaked with your tears, but he didn't mind. Just as long as you were feeling a bit better.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Tonight my dad was drunk screaming at me and my sister so I made this to deal with it. I just really needed this. I'm sorry