17

~Awsten's P.O.V.~ Bet you weren't expecting that.

Remi and Otto walk out the door and I look over at Geoff. "We just got ditched. Now what do we do?"

Geoff just sits back down on the couch and starts playing on his phone. "Wait for them to get back? There's not much to do."

Sighing, I collapse onto the couch, that now has a lot of space without four bodies on it. I stare at the ceiling of the bus, waiting for time to pass. Not even a minute passes before I let out another sigh. "I miss her."

"Really? Couldn't have guessed." Geoff tells me.

I look over at him, my eyes widening in shock. He has a shiteating grin. "Shit. I didn't mean to say that out loud."

This just makes him laugh. "I figured. I'm just glad that you finally admitted you like her." Before I can say anything, Geoff cuts me off. "You can't deny it. We all see how much you care about her."

Groaning, I hide my face in my hands, knowing that my face is bright red by now. "Okay, fine. I like her. You happy?"

"Very. Now, why haven't you asked her out yet?" Geoff asks.

Moving my hands off of my face, I glare at him. "You know that I'd never have a chance with her. We're friends. Not to mention she's best friends with Jawn, basically his sister, which means that she's off limits anyways." I reason.

He rolls his eyes. "Really? I doubt Jawn would care. He knows you're a good guy. Plus, she's her own person and can make her own decisions." He must see the uncertainty on my face. "Oh my God." He mumbles before unlocking his phone.

After a couple of taps, he holds his phone up to his ear. "Geoff! What are you doing?" I yell, jumping over to him and trying to take his phone. He just gets off of the couch and holds me back with one hand.

A couple of seconds later, his face brightens up. "Hey Jawn. How's it going?" At Jawns name I try harder to get his phone, but fail. "That's good. So, Awsten finally admitted that he likes Remi-"

"Geoff!" I yell at him.

He just ignores me and goes back to talking to Jawn. I finally stop fighting him and just sit down on the couch, my arms crossed. "Yeah. Remi and Otto went out to get some coffee and Awsten accidently said he missed her." I groan which makes Geoff laugh. "And then I got him to say he likes her. But when I asked him why he hasn't asked her out yet, he said that she is off limits because she is your best friend."

I glare at Geoff. "I hate you." I whisper yell at him.

Geoff just rolls his eyes as he listens to Jawn. "Yeah. I'll give him the phone." My eyes widen as Geoff holds the phone out to me. I shake my head, not wanting to take the phone, but Geoff forces me to take.

Taking a quick breath, I hold the phone up to my ear. "Hey Jawn." Fuck, I sound nervous.

I can hear him laughing on the other end, which does nothing to help my nerves. "Hey Awsten. I heard that you finally admitted you like Remi. Guess I owe Otto five bucks."

I glare at Geoff, knowing that he also bet. "Yeah, I hope that's okay. I don't want to ruin any friendships."

Jawn lets out another laugh. "It's okay Awsten. I approve of it. Although that doesn't really mean anything. Remi is 23 and can make her own decisions. But I appreciate you asking." I let out a sigh of relief, calming down a little bit. "But just know that if you hurt her, I will come after you."

"Yes. I understand." I choke out, no longer calm.

"Good. Alright, this was a nice chat, but I have to go. Don't worry about it to much, you'll be fine. You're a good guy Awsten. If you weren't, I wouldn't be friends with you. Talk to you later."

With that he hangs up and I look over at Geoff, who has been staring at me, waiting. "So, how'd it go? Was I right?"

I hand him his phone, which he takes. "It went good. He said he approves of it."

"Well that's good. So when are you going to ask her?" I look at him, not knowing what to do, before standing up and starting to pace. "Oh boy. Alright, how about we take some deep breaths right now." He says gently, stopping me from pacing.

I take a few deep breaths, calming down a little bit. "Okay. I think I'm good now." Geoff nods and leads me over to the couch to sit back down. "I'll ask her tonight, after the show. I'll ask if she wants to go out tomorrow night. How does that sound?" I ask, unsure.

He thinks about it for a second before nodding his head. "That sounds good. Okay, so now, what are you guys going to do? Any ideas?"

Looking around the bus, a thought comes to mind. I look at Geoff excited before I start to explain my plan to him.

"That sounds like a really great plan. Otto and I can definitely help with that." Geoff says with a smile. I give him a smile back. Now all there is to do is wait for tonight and hope that she says yes.