18

~And back to Remi's P.O.V.~

When Otto and I get back to the bus, we find both Awsten and Geoff sitting on the couch, playing on their phones. Typical. Rolling my eyes, I walk over to the couch and plop down next to Awsten, looking at his phone. He instantly moves his phone out of my sight. "Rude." I tell him. He just rolls his eyes and shakes his head before putting his phone back to where I can see it and starts playing a game. We sit there, him playing a game and me watching, until it's time for sound check.

Groaning, I get up and grab my camera before going inside with the guys. As usual, they all head over to the stage while I take a second to look around the venue they are playing in. Part of it is the photographer in me, getting a feel for the place. The other part is being excited and taking it all in.

I then go over to the stage where I see the guys talking to each other and Geoff passing Otto money. Curious, I go over to them. "What ya guys up to?" They all jump a little at my voice.

Geoff is the one to answer. "Just how we're excited for the show tonight." He pauses for a second before adding, "And what we think your favorite kind of sandwich is."

Shaking my head, I give out a little giggle. "You guys are weird. I like Italian beef sandwiches. Now can I ask why this was a topic of conversation?"

Awsten and Otto look to Geoff, which causes him to shake his head and answer. "We don't really have a reason. Just something we were wondering." The others just nod.

I roll my eyes. "Okay. Whatever you say, weirdos. You better get back to sound check. That way we have time to go and get some food like we usually do. Don't want to break tradition now do we?" They all immediately shake their heads and start sound check.

It doesn't take long before they are done and I start to put away my camera. Just as I finish zipping up my camera bag, a head is placed on my shoulder. I don't even have to look to know that it's Awsten. I can tell just by the smell and the way that my heart starts to beat faster. "You ready jellybean?" He asks, voice quieter as he's right next to my ear. I smile at the nickname.

I turn, causing him to pick up his head, which leaves my shoulder cold. I frown slightly at the feeling, but quickly stop before Awsten can see and ask me whats wrong. "Yeah, I'm good to go." I answer, giving him a smile. He gives me one back and I can't help but to think how cute his smile is.

He takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers as we start walking towards Geoff, who is finishing putting away his guitar, and Otto, who is sitting on a speaker talking to Geoff. My only thought is how perfectly our hands fit together.

As soon as they notice us they stop talking. Weird. Awsten doesn't seem to notice though. "Hey. You guys ready to go eat?" He asks them. They both give out yeahs and we head out to go find someplace to eat.

Once we get done eating and back to the venue, the guys start to get ready to go out and play. We are currently standing backstage waiting for them to be told it's time to go on stage. Awsten looks more nervous than usual though.

I walk over and stand next to him. "Hey. You guys are going to do great. No matter what happens, they are going to love you. Geoff, Otto, and I are there for you." I reassure him.

He looks down at me and gives me a smile. "Thanks Remi. I appreciate it."

Just then, they are told they are about to go on stage. I give them all a hug. Starting with Geoff, then Otto, and finally Awsten. As I pull away from Awsten so that he can run onto the stage, I give him a quick kiss on the cheek in hopes that it will help calm him down some. He looks shocked for a second before he gives me big smile and runs onto stage with Geoff and Otto.

They play amazing and the crowd absolutely loves them. I meet them backstage once they finish with their set and run to give them a hug. Awsten is the one who catches me and he ends up picking me up and spinning us around. When he sets me down I go over and give Otto and then Geoff each a hug. "That was so amazing. You guys did so well. I'm so proud of all of you."

"It's partially because of you. I just thought about what you said." Awsten says, causing me to blush a little bit. "Alright, how about we go shower so we can go watch movies and relax."

Everyone agrees and we start heading to the guys dressing room so that they can all take a shower. Awsten gives a little nod to Geoff as Geoff and Otto pass by him and Geoff gives him an encouraging smile as Awsten starts walking next to me. They are probably just telling each other good job or something like that.

When we make it to the door, Geoff and Otto walk inside the room, but Awsten stops me from entering. Usually he's fighting to be the first one in the shower. I give him a curious look as he leads me down the hallway a little bit more so we aren't right next to the door. "Awsten, what are you doing?"

He looks nervous. Taking a deep breath, he looks at me. "Okay, so, the thing is, I was wondering if you would maybe want to go out on a date with me tomorrow?" I stare at him, eyes wide, not knowing what to say. "I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to. It's completely up to you. I'll understand if you don't want to."

I finally snap out of my little trance and hug him. It takes him a second before he hugs me back. "Is that a yes?" He asks, uncertain.

Pulling away from him, I give him a big smile. "Awsten, I would love to go on a date with you tomorrow." This causes the worried expression on his face to melt away into a smile matching my own. He then pulls me back into a hug, picking me up and spinning me around.

When we are done hugging, we decide to go into the dressing room so that Awsten can take a shower. When we open the door, Geoff and Otto fall forward, clearly having been caught trying to listen. Awsten shakes his head at the two before laughing. Geoff and Otto look at him expectantly. He gives them a small nod before kissing the top of my head and going to take a shower.

Geoff and Otto start cheering and jumping around. Once they calm down a little, we all chill on the couches while the guys wait to shower. Just as Awsten finishes his shower, Otto texts me.

Drummer Boy🥁
See. I told you.

Remi
Shut up

Once everyone is done taking their showers, we all head out to the bus and change into our pajamas before squishing onto the couch. Although, before I can even sit down, Awsten pulls me onto his lap. I can feel myself start to blush but ignore it and lay my head on his shoulder as the movie starts.

Next Chapter is going to be their date. What do you guys think Awsten has planned?