45

Soon, it's the 15th of December. What's so special about the 15th? It just so happens to be Awsten and I's one month anniversary. It's only been a month, but it feels like it's been so much longer than that. I guess being around a person 24/7 because of tour has that effect.

Of course, Awsten wanted to do something special for our one month. So, here I am, in a dress. It's nothing fancy. Just black, short sleeved, goes down to right above my knees and flows at the bottom. I add a thin white belt around my waist and slip on my black and white checkered vans. What else would you expect?

A knock comes from my front door and I quickly go to answer it. Opening the door, I see Awsten in a gray button up shirt that's tucked into black skinny jeans and has the sleeves rolled up, one arm behind his back. He looks me up and down at the same time. "Damn. You look great."

I blush, looking down and tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I decided to keep it down, but had it in braids the day before so it's wavy. "You look really great too." I tell him.

He chuckles and gently moves my head so I'm facing him and kisses me. I smile into the kiss. "I brought you these." He says as he pulls away and brings out some roses that were hidden behind his back.

Taking them from him, I give him another quick kiss. "They're beautiful. Thank you, Aws. Come on in while I put them in some water." He follows me into my small apartment, looking around. This is the first time he's actually been in my apartment. "Just make yourself at home. I'll only be a minute." I tell him before disappearing in my kitchen.

I find a vase up in my cupboard, but of course it's at the very top and I'm too short to reach it. Arms wrap around my waist and a head is rested on top of mine. "Need some help?" Awsten asks.

Sighing, I turn around in his arms and rest my head on his chest. "Yes, please. I'm too short to reach the vase."

He lets out a small giggle and kisses the top of my head before reaching up and grabbing the vase with one hand before setting it on the counter. "You're adorable." I look up, sending him a playful glare, which just causes him to laugh.

Shaking my head, I move away and grab the vase before filling it up with water and placing the roses in it. I leave the vase sitting on the counter and turn towards Awsten. "Ready to go?" He just gives me a smile and takes my hand before leading me out of my apartment. I'm barely able to grab my phone and keys off of the counter.

Awsten ended up taking me to an Italian place. They had the most amazing pasta. I offered to help pay, but he wouldn't let me no matter what. After we ate, we walked around for a little bit. We ended up finding a small park and, being the children we are, started playing on everything.

The night had been perfect. I had such an amazing night with Awsten. We were sitting on the swings, laughing at stupid things. Then I heard his voice and my laughter stopped. "Hey, Remi." Standing in front of me was my ex. His brown hair is still a mess, even messier than what it used to be if that's possible, and his once bright green eyes are now dull and dark as they glare at Awsten next to me.

I just stare at him, my eyes wide. He starts to take a step closer to me and that's when I snap out of my frozen state, standing up out of the swing. "What the fuck are you doing here, Chris?" He stops and stares at me shocked.

Awsten comes and stands by my side, wrapping his arm around my waist and kisses the top of my head before giving me a worried look. Chris watches as Awsten does this, a look of pure hatred in his eyes. "Who's he?" Chris asks, completely ignoring my question.

"It's none of your Goddamn business. Answer my question. What the fuck are you doing here?" I'm trying not to yell, but my voice is slightly raised.