42

After our little giggle fit, Awsten and I finally made it to the shop that my stepdad works at. I'm really excited for Awsten to see the shop. Once Awsten parks the car, I hurriedly get out and stand in front of the car. "Well someone is excited." He comments as he get's out and joins me.

I hand Awsten the lunch before taking his other hand and leading him to the side door of the shop. "You have no idea. Just you wait, you are going to love this." I tell him.

He just shakes his head as he lets me drag him. I am definitely not worried about Awsten meeting Henry. As soon as Awsten notices that we aren't going through the front of the shop, he starts to pull on my hand a little bit. "Remi, shouldn't we be going through the front?"

Stopping, I look back at him. He's starting to get worried. "Aws, it's okay. Henry owns the shop. I use the side door all the time. The shop is like my second home. It's going to be okay. Plus, it's not as fun if we go through the front."

I give him a reassuring smile and he takes a breath before allowing me to lead him to the side door again. Using my free hand, I open the door and am greeted with the smell of sawdust and finish. It smells like home.

Looking back, I see Awsten looking around in awe. "Come on, this isn't even the best part." I tell him. He gives me a smile as I lead him to the front. If we had came in through the front, it would have gave everything away.

I walk down the hallway that leads to the front and stop outside a door leading into an office. The door is open and Henry sits behind his desk, on the phone. As soon as he sees me, he smiles. "Hold up, my favorite child just showed up. I'll call you back."

Smirking, I look back at Awsten. "See. I'm the favorite." I walk over to Henry and give him a hug. "Henry, this is Awsten. Awsten, Henry." I introduce the two as they shake hands. "And we brought you lunch."

Henry gives me a knowing look, chuckling as Awsten hands him his lunch. "So he's met your mom."

I groan. "Yes I did, sir. She was lovely." I lightly smack Awstens arm, causing him to look down at me with mock hurt.

Henry just laughs at us. "Oh I like him. Henry is just fine." He then looks over at me. "I'm guessing you brought him in through the side?" I nod my head, smiling, as Henry shakes his, a small smile on his face. "I figured." Awsten looks over at me confused. "She probably didn't tell you what I do, did she?" Awsten shakes his head no. "Alright, follow me."

He leads us out of the office and down the rest of the hallway to the front. "So I hear you're in a band. Is that correct?"

The grip Awsten has on my hand tightens slightly at this question. I gently rub circles with my thumb on his hand as a wah of calming him down as he answers. "Uh, yeah. Two of my friends are in it with me. We're called Waterparks. We actually just got done with a headlining tour and are about to release our second official album."

"He's the lead singer and plays guitar." I add in.

Henry nods as we reach the door that leads out into the front. "Guitar. I like him even more." He then opens the door and leads us into a room full of guitars of all shapes and sizes. "I think he'll fit right in."

Awsten looks around, a huge smile on his face. He then comes to a stop in front of me. "Oh, yeah. I completely forgot to mention. My stepdad kind of builds guitars and sells them. It's not really that big of a deal though."

"Hey, I also used to play guitar in a band. That is very important." Henry adds in.

I can't help but laugh a little as I watch as Awstens eyes widen. "You were in a band?" He asks, turning around to face Henry. Henry just nods his head. Awsten then turns back to me. "That's why you weren't worried about me meeting your mom."

Giggling, I take Awstens hands in my own. "You are correct. But I wanted to surprise you with it by taking you to the shop. I guess I could have brought you here first, but oh well." He sends me a playful glare. "Do you want to check out some of the guitars?"

His eyes light up and he nods his head vigorously before looking over at Henry. "Go on ahead." Henry tells him, nodding his head toward the guitars. Awsten gives me a quick kiss before running off to look at the guitars. "He seems like a good kid. You did good."

I smile, watching Awsten. "He makes me happy."

Henry puts his arm around me, giving me a side hug and rubbing my arm. "Go on over with him. I gotta get back to work. Thank you for lunch though." He smiles at Awsten before going back to his office.

Walking over to Awsten, I wrap my arms around his waist. "Having fun?"

He nods his head, turning around in my arms so that he is facing me and wraps his arms around me. "Thank you for this. I love you."

I lean up and give him a quick kiss. "I love you too."