Breakfast

Please vote, and comment more as you will be bringing a smile on my face on my birthday.
****************

"We will change them right away Mrs. Blake," Abigail replied to her back leaving the kitchen.

I got to the bins and was about to pick the packs when Abigail said busy in her chores.

"Leave it. We will set the table first."

I silently complied. And went to set the table. Abigail came after and start setting the table with me. At first, Isabella came to see if everything is ready. Then she was followed by everyone.

With just one new face. He was the same guy I witnessed in the morning. He was the one standing under the light. He had dirty blonde hairs. With blue eyes. But he didn't have long hairs plus he didn't have a beard but he did have some little subtle. He had kind eyes on his face and was laughing at something Rose just told. No one is kind Sydney. Everyone just acts. My mind warned me.

Everyone looked so fresh and presentable on the table. All of them were calling him Mr. Miller. When I was assured that everybody was served I left Abigail standing there.

Getting back into the kitchen I picked up the packs of wastes and got out to dump it. The moment I was stuffing the garbage bags in the large Iron waste bin I saw him again. The guy from the morning. I didn't stare at him and get back to the kitchen and even he didn't notice me. He was busy looking something on his Camera while leaning to his car.

I get to the kitchen and found Abigail preparing a tray. "Oh, where did you went to Sydney?" She asked me while I was washing my hands on the sink.

"Look, Mr. Miller has asked us to serve his driver, Michael, the breakfast wherever he is. And yes he prefers to have fresh fruits in his breakfast. Can you please cut some apples for him." She informed me and asked me to help her while I was drying my hands with a towel.

I cut one apple into slices. And handed it over to Abigail. When she finished making the tray she caught the tray and came to me.

"Please hurry, that person might be so hungry right now." She asked me to deliver his breakfast.

This is when I noticed the tray. The tray had a bowl of mixed fruits. And a  plate having two slices with peanut butter.

I caught the tray from Abigail and made my way to where I saw him last. Once I was out I located him standing at the very same place. Still busy watching something on his camera. I was 10 steps away when I felt something weird. He was tall. Very tall. I didn't realize it before as I only saw him from some distance. His back was facing me. I was 6 or 7 steps away. By this time he should have turned around. Can't he hear the footsteps? I thought. 

I was 3 steps away when I stopped walking towards him. He didn't turn and I can't talk to him as he is a complete stranger. After that incident with Mr. Cobe, I always try to be alert all the time. Though it's been two years now since that incident I still can't feel like lowering my guard down. My eyes were fixed on his shoulders. They were big and intimidating. His muscles in his arms flexed no matters what he does. He looks strong and well built.

This thing frightens me because strong people always hurt you. 

Now I saw his little pony just above his nape. I was about to take a step backward so he could listen to my footstep again when he turned around and took me by surprise. Before he could see that I was staring at his shoulders I start looking down.

He took the sandwich. My eyes which were already down noticed his long fingers and his large hand. I could smell a foreign fragrance emitting out of his hand. And then I hear him taking the bite.

In all these years, though I don't see people by lifting my eyes up. I hear them. It's the ability that has become just more sharpened. I could hear him eating. There is no way that I can be here for this long. I have a lot of things to do at home. So, I looked around to find a place where I could place the tray but couldn't.

This is when I hear some other voice in the air. He was listening to the something with ear buds in his ear. Maybe this is the reason that he couldn't hear my footsteps. My chain of thoughts broke when I found him picking up the fruit bowl. His large frame was so big compared to me. He leisurely started eating the contents out of that bowl.

"You are maid here?" He asked. His voice was authoritative just like Isabella. But there was something different too that I couldn't point out.
I nodded my head in yes.

He was quiet for a while and finished his fruit bowl. When he emptied the bowl and placed it on the tray I turned around and was about to start walking when I heard him say.

"It was you in the morning. Right?" He asked but he more like sounded that he was focused on something else too.

I turned around still looking at the ground and nodded my head in yes. I didn't want him to ask me any further question so before he could say anything I turned around again and took two or three steps when he asked me another question.

"What's your name again?"

I heard him but acted otherwise and didn't stop my feet or turned to answer him and start walking towards the home. I only realized that I was walking too fast when I found myself breathless in the kitchen. I didn't even catch my breath when I noticed the dishes on the sink telling me that Abigail has been cleaning the table. I took too long maybe. Without wasting a single second I got into the dining room to find Abigail cleaning the table. I felt sorry that she has to do it alone. It's true. No matter what I do. I am just a hopeless case. I knew that she doesn't need my help anymore. So, I got to the kitchen and was about to start doing the dishes when Abigail came in hurry.

I turned around to find that she is going to brew coffee. "Sydney, you know where that driver is. Right? Mr. Miller has asked to send his driver some black coffee."

I looked at Abigail. Is it just I or something is really off? Who cares about his driver's breakfast or coffee this much. Even if that driver wants coffee he should be coming to the kitchen to ask for the coffee. I was still contemplating when I found Abigail saying. "I think they are more like friends. Here, please do me this favor." She handed me the mug of coffee while smiling broadly. Standing there in the kitchen I only hope that this guy doesn't do anything bad with me. 

I looked at Abigail, who can't help smiling today. She is just so happy that she is leaving for Georgia. 

I get to the cupboard. And placing a saucer beneath that mug, I  wonder how it feels like to have someone as your family. It might feel safe maybe. 

"You know my grandson has sent me a lot of messages asking me if I had left yet or not." She was smiling broadly while she started doing the dishes. She was talking about a lot of things. I also heard her saying. "... I hope that guy likes his coffee."

*****************
Who is this Michael?

Where do you think the story is going? Any guess?