Taking back

"We are done packing," Sydney couldn't understand what her little girl meant until she got in her room. Amber introduced her to Gideon who was busy packing two school bags. Sydney waited until Amber explained to Gideon how this fairy was going to help them out.

"Where were you two going?" Sydney asked looking at Gideon who seemed a little flustered.

"We were going to see dad?" Gideon answered while Amber offered Sydney some cookies,

"Thanks," Sydney whispered looking at the room. She collected that it was Amber's room because there was only one bed and everything was too pinky for a boy living in the room.

"You are still very pretty," Gideon commented,

"Thank you, your place is pretty too," Sydney replied looking at Amber still thinking how she was supposed to tell the kids that she was their mother. Both of them were like a distant dream that was now real.

"But,...how you two were planning to get to Seattle,...it's far," Sydney asked and this made both kids fall for silence before Gideon replied,

"We have planned to bribe the people with these bills," Amber showed Sydney a bundle of cash in her bag. The answer made Sydney wonder. Her kids were too small to be familiar with such terms.

"Who told you about this?... I mean this bribing thing," Sydney asked looking at Gideon's forehead that resembled Noah a lot.

"Our nana bribes us all the time," Amber said looking flawlessly pretty in her blue floral dress.

"And, it works all the time on her," Gideon spoke pointing his finger to Amber.

"Have you two tried it before?" Sydney asked fearing how she was a total stranger to her own babies.

"Not for traveling, but I know I can take care of her," Gideon sounds confident. In his black t-shirt, he was way more confident for a five-year-old.

"I am sure you can but,...you should have asked your nana if you two wanted to see your dad," Sydney felt the urge to tell what's right for them.

"We can't tell her," "It's her, that we are leaving," Gideon and Amber said at the same time.

"Are you two hiding something?" Sydney asked fearing that the old woman was doing something to her kids.

"No," Both replied cheerfully but Sydney could feel they were hiding something.

"Great,...so, how we are leaving?" Sydney asked and saw Gideon smiling,

The three left the home through a window in the east wing. Sydney found that the mansion had fewer guards here. They got out without anyone noticing them while Gideon used a key to open a small rusty gate. Gideon was walking ahead showing them the way while Sydney got Amber's bag on her shoulder and her wrist in her hand.

"From here we need to arrange a driver and a car," Gideon said looking at his cellphone.

"I am scared Gideon, I would rather accept the punishment." This made Gideon look at the Amber who seemed to be scared and had eyes only for Gideon,

"What punishment?" Sydney asked,

"I talk back to nana she was to spank me so we thought to run away to dad,"

This made Sydney go insane for a moment. Her daughter was too small for any kind of such punishment. Sydney didn't want to imagine what her kids were suffering in this place. Heck! No one has any right to punish my kids. Not even me. She yelled in her brain.

Sydney was still for a moment. She knew she can't kill that woman but there was one thing she can do and that was to claim what's her.

"Let's go," Sydney said before making the kids back to their home.