Mrs. Benz

"Gideon, we are here to see Nick," Noah started carefully.

Gideon who was not able to recall this name at the moment asked again, "Who is Nick?"

Getting to his knees Noah signaled for Gideon to come near and when he approached, Noah got his hand over his shoulder before continuing, "Gideon, from now on, Nick will live with us." Noah said and saw nothing in Gideon's expression changing.

"Do you want to say something?" Noah asked,

"No, it is pretty normal. Many live with us already," Knowing Gideon didn't get his meaning Noah tried to come clearer this time.

"Gideon...Nick is not any staff member or one of the kids of the staff. He will be your brother," This time Noah saw something visibly changing in Gideon's eyes. He was neither happy nor mad. He was shocked.

"And, he will be Amber's brother too...I really want your help to make him feel at home." Noah requested and Gideon asked a little lost,

"Forever!"

"Yes, your mom is his mom too," Noah added,

"No,..." Gideon whispered and Noah hugged him tight before adding.

"It is same as Amber having the same mom too," Noah tried to make him understand and rubbed his back.

"Hey, aren't you excited to see him?" Noah asked and Gideon looked at Noah all puzzled.

"I don't know, dad," Gideon said and Noah added,

"Nick, got his leg fractured. I think he will feel good if you pay him a visit," Noah suggested and saw Gideon's eyes go wide.

"But,...I don't have any gift to visit a patient. Plus, I am underdressed." Gideon made his dad look at his clothes.

"You can go and have a bath," Noah said and Gideon was quick to add,

"Can you order some flower or a gift?" Gideon asked and Noah nodded his head in agreement.

Sydney came out to see Noah with a tense face. She was about to ask when Noah said,

"I have told Gideon about Nick..."

"I want to ask you something," Sydney asked,

"What?" Noah answered looking at the door Gideon went to.

"I was about to tell Nick about us? But then I wonder if I can tell him that you are his father." Noah looked at Sydney puzzled while Noah's heartbeat increased too.

"I think,...it makes sense,...do you by any chance know his real father?" Noah asked making Sydney inhale sharp before she lied,

"No,"

"Fine,..." Noah said looking in her eyes but then asked,

"Why are you nervous?"

"I don't know, I guess leaving his home will be the hardest part for him," Sydney shared with misty eyes.

"Don't worry,..." Noah walked to hold her and asked,

"I can come if you want,"

"No, let me deal this alone,..." Sydney exhaled and went into Nick's room again. Noah looked at the door and hoped for Nick to be understanding about the situation too. At least as much as Gideon was.

"Noah, can you come in?" Sydney peeked out of the room after two minutes.

Noah walked into the room to see a black hair kid with brown eyes. The hope in Nick's eyes made Noah feel like a culprit.