In the lane of memory

Do not skip the author's note at the end.

Her eyes fluttered in response to the bright light. Someone was standing beside the window with her back to her. Someone she doesn't recognize but all she could feel was the agonizing pain.

The moment she tried to lift her right arm she felt nothing. Something hard around her neck was limiting her to move her neck. With her left arm, she tried to touch her right side to find something wrapped around it. This is when she noticed a grey colored sling wrapped around her whole right arm. Realizing it wasn't her room she freaked out and tried to sit just to cry out hard in pain.

And this made the woman turn and say, "Oh, you are awake. Let me call the doctor." That woman left walking slowly.

"Where I,..." Before Sydney could ask something the woman was out of the room.

She winced in pain while a tear escaped her right eye. "Noah" She whispered. Not a moment later she found a middle-aged man, she couldn't recognize on her bedside asking something she couldn't focus on.

"Ms. Brook! When was the last time you injected her analgesics?" Mr. Connor asked,

"I forgot," That woman she saw earlier replied casually. No remorse could be seen on her hard face. She was tall with her hair wrapped in a high bun and wearing a collared black color dress. Without waiting for that woman to inject, Dr. Connor himself tried to inject some fluids in the branula attached to Sydney's wrist.

"Where am I,.." She asked as she tried to not let that person inject her.

"I am your doctor and please, it's necessary." He said and didn't waste much time to inject her.

"What's wrong,...with me?" She asked a little bit alarmed looking at that woman standing beside her. "You will recover." This was her doctor's answer but this time his voice came out a little reserved. "Where's Noah?" She asked hurriedly in her short breaths.

"He was with you for three days and just left three days ago." His answer made her breathing fast. "He can't leave me." She answered showing the lack of trust over these two strangers. "Why am I here? Who are you people"? She asked sobbing while her face looked alarmed.

"You don't remember what happened to you"? A voice coming into the room asked. Her eyes drifted to where the door was.

"Jasper?" She relaxed a little looking at someone she knew. "What's happening?"

"Umm, you were in an accident." Jasper's voice came out low.

"Where is Noah?" She asked not giving much thought about her condition. She could sense something was off. But what?

"Relax, Mrs. Miller. He is at work." Mr. Connor replied this time. She looked at Connor and that woman and asked Jasper this time.

"Who are these people?"

"Your doctor and the nurse."

She looked at all of them before saying, "Please call Noah."

"I am afraid he can't come. He is at work and has far more important things to do." That woman answered,

This time Sydney looked at the brunette woman who looks around in her late twenties with much apprehension.

"Miss Brook, Will you mind leaving this room?" Sydney heard Jasper say,

"I don't take orders from you Jasper." was that woman's reply.

"Will somebody please, call Noah"? Sydney pleaded with her dry mouth as she tried hardest not to freak out and contain her calm.